US Bank ExtendPay $1.00 fee

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank ExtendPay $1.00 fee

@Remedios wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

From the picture posted here, it says from Altitude Reserve. I am not sure if that is the only card supported by this offer.

@Remedios wrote:

I just got this for all three cards, don't know if it's targeted or not (probably not) but it might be good option for some since $1.00 monthly fee isn't a bad deal. 

Just FYI I can also confirm I have it for both my Go and Altitude Reserve

Message 11 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

i got this offer via email earlier today, both my Cash+ and Alt Go were given the offer.

Message 12 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

i got this offer via email earlier today, both my Cash+ and Alt Go were given the offer.

Same here, including FlexPerks AX and Kroger MC. 

Seems like the State Farm CCs didn't get included with the offers -- at least no notifications received on those (not that I would be using ExtendPay, but just happen to notice the were not allowed to play).

Message 13 of 31
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Got that offer on my Cash+ as well.

Looks like USB is really wanting us to spend spend spend!!!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good information!

Received the same offer on my Cash+ (missed the $1 cost which must have been in the notice but wasn't).

Interesting ... reread my offer and it did state $100 minimum and only reflected there would be a small monthly fee (did not state what it was).

Message 15 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good information!

Received the same offer on my Cash+ (missed the $1 cost which must have been in the notice but wasn't).

Interesting ... reread my offer and it did state $100 minimum and only reflected there would be a small monthly fee (did not state what it was).

@Anonymous  their "small fee" one is different than this offer. "Small fee" isn't really that small, but for those who need a bit more time, it helps since fee is in general lower than what interest on those transactions would be and it preserves grace period for new purchases. 

Message 16 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I have the $1 deal on one of three cards... on my Cash+ and Connect I got an email with the subject, "Please read, 🎉 Make Holiday purchases easier with ExtendPay."  These two emails have an expiration date (12/27), but the $1 promo isn't mentioned.

The third email I got was for the AR, and the subject is, "Please read, pay off your holiday purchases over time with this exclusive offer 💰" and that one does have the $1 promo.  The expiration date on this deal is 12/27 as well.

Message 17 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Sigh. US Bank going to US Bank 🙄 

I was about to pay AR last night, but I decided to take one charge that was slightly over a $100 just to see how the set up looks like (science is hard). 

I figured as long as I pay it before due date, no big deal. 

Anyhow... When you add charge to extend pay, it creates a plan but...unlike chase and Amex, it gets its own tile (account), it has a different due date than your card due date (it's not reported separately), so basically it's treating it as a loan with cc funding for payment and credit line purposes. 

Granted, most of it was in fine print, some of it is in confirmation email and never have I ever been happier that US Bank isn't in business of making maps since we would be traveling to Mexico through Canada. 

Bless their ❤️

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Sigh. US Bank going to US Bank 🙄 

I was about to pay AR last night, but I decided to take one charge that was slightly over a $100 just to see how the set up looks like (science is hard). 

I figured as long as I pay it before due date, no big deal. 

Anyhow... When you add charge to extend pay, it creates a plan but...unlike chase and Amex, it gets its own tile (account), it has a different due date than your card due date (it's not reported separately), so basically it's treating it as a loan with cc funding for payment and credit line purposes. 

Granted, most of it was in fine print, some of it is in confirmation email and never have I ever been happier that US Bank isn't in business of making maps since we would be traveling to Mexico through Canada

Bless their ❤️

Got'ta love it?!  Heart

Message 19 of 31
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

At least they're trying and by trying I mean they get the same results as the Coyote when trying to catch the Roadrunner. They should rebrand themselves to Acme maybe

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.