Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Harley Davidson Recon???

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

US Bank Harley Davidson Recon???

I applied last night for the HD UsBank card. This morning i received an email saying that my app was not approved becasue of the information I provided. So i called the backdoor number and asked them about the info I provided: they pulled EQ and said it's reporting $2006 in monthly student loan payments??!!! WRONG!!! I explained that my payments are deferred. She countered by saying "eventually when they come out of deferrment this is what you would have to pay." WRONG AGAIN, but I did not argue with her. When we hung-up I called back to get someone else.

The second underwriter didn't mention the SL payments, but she said that my yearly income of only $7299 was insufficient. I kindly explained that that was my monthly income. She graciously corrected the records and asked me about my rent and who paid it. Finally she said that she "updated my info and put me back in process."

My question is: does "put me back in process" mean I have a real shot at this card or should I just hang it up???  Smiley Sad

Please advise....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Harley Davidson Recon???

it means its back under review.

You will basically be re-evaluated as if it's a new application. Not sure if they might do another inquiry.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
toi34
Established Contributor

I hope they dont re-app....that was already my 3rd inquiry in 2 years. 

Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

there's a 50:50 chance they will pull a new inquiry. Hopefully they dont. But even if they do, it's just your 4th inquiry. You're fine Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7
toi34
Established Contributor

If so, hopefully it will merge into one. 

I have 3 on EQ; 4 on EX (3 from early 2012); and 3 on TU (from early 2012)

Message 5 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

don't worry. you have a low number of inquiries. You're fine as it is.

Most of your inquiries will be dropping off next year anyways.

Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

don't worry. you have a low number of inquiries. You're fine as it is.

Most of your inquiries will be dropping off next year anyways.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also good luck, it sounds like its back on manual review!Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.