Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum Application

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

US Bank Platinum Application

Applied for a joint account online... got 7-10 message

Figured I would try for one more card before the new CLD accounts start to show up on credit. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Platinum Application

Good Luck!!!!

Ron. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I'm rootin' for ya!

Just in case it makes you feel better, when BofA CLD'd DH from $4,000 on a new account to $500, nobody picked up on the change in his report.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that the same happens to you!  (The nobody picking up on it, not the CLD Smiley Wink ).

Message 3 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Applied for a joint account online... got 7-10 message

Figured I would try for one more card before the new CLD accounts start to show up on credit. 

Do you already have an online checking/savings with US Bank?  The reason I ask is, I do and when I applied by phone they said I would hear in 7-10 days also.  However, the very next morning when I logged onto my accounts I saw a new cc listed under my accts.  In addition, the very next day, I had a LOC added to my accts.  I never did get the 7-10 notice, just got 2 cards in the mail.  So if you have an online account already, check it each day to see if your new cc is listed.  Good luck.  US Bank has been the best bank to deal with for me.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Declined for verification which they do through a 3rd party company... letter is in mail giving me directions on how to complete verification process at which point they will continue processing.  This is odd to me since both the primary and myself already have Us Bank Accounts and the addresses used in application match credit reports and current accounts with bank.

Anyone else gone through this process with USBank, is it good news they are even bothering with all this vs. just decline? 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Indifferent That sounds odd, but maybe they will approve you once they do their verification. Do you know the 3rd party they are using?
Message 6 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I don't understand their asking  for more verification either if you are already a customer.  But Stay with it and give them the verification that they want.  Don't give up.  I am sure all will turn out ok.  Since I applied by phone I did not have that problem.  I gave them all the info they asked for.  Good luck and hang in there.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

You should ask them what kind of verification they needed. They had no problem to verify me when I applied.I don't have any deposit account with US bank.I guess the third party may be Lexis Nexis. May be they couldn't verify you thru Lexis Nexis.

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-21-2010 03:03 PM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-21-2010 03:06 PM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-21-2010 03:21 PM
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have never heard of this before either, the credit analyst I spoke with just said that it's done through 3rd party and the letter was in the mail with directions to do it.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.