Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum - CLI??

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Platinum - CLI??

Mention the PC to select rewards. They are going to want to HP you, but make sure that you are clear you do not want that. Tell them if they want to keep your business they will do this for you. Explain that you are applying for a mortgage within the next year, and that you cannot have a HP on your CR.

Look forward to the update.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 13
Xtina0508
Contributor

So, spoke with someone at underwriting and she told me that there’s nothing she could do about a CLI or a PC - and that I’d have to speak with Card Member Services. I spoke with a gentleman there, who was borderline clueless (he asked me what a hard pull was), explained what I wanted done and after speaking with a supervisor he told me that it’s always a hard pull, no matter what, for any amount. Additionally, he told me that they manually review accounts every 2 years for automatic increases/decreases.

I said “no thanks”.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($16,500) Capital One Quicksilver ($5000) : US Bank Platinum ($9000) : Kohls ($1500) : Dell Preferred ($2500) : Chase Freedom ($3500) : Citi Simplicity ($5500) : Victoria Secret Angel Card ($1950) : Express Store Card ($1700)

6/2013 Equifax Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Transunion Fico - 723 : Goal - 800+
3/2014 Equifax Fico - 737 : Goal - 800+

Message 12 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Sorry about that. They always tell me $1,500 for SP. I am always wanting more than that so they HP.

Maybe better customer service comes with more higher tier accounts.

I know somebody who got a $2,000 auto increase on an account just a few months after opening it.

Sorry you got a load of BS from them. If you ever have more time to devote to it, I think you still have a chance if you manage to get to a competent agent.

Or just wait until after the mortgage and then app for cash+.
Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.