Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Prequal pop up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Prequal pop up

Hey credit gurus!!!

I just signed up for a checking account with US Bank and at the end of my application there was a pop up! Smiley Surprised

States I am preapproved for the Cash Bank or Perks+ Visa Platinum. Does anyone have either of these cards? States my starting credit limit would be $6,000. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Prequal pop up

Why would you go for Us Bank and want Us Bank checking when you have the golden egg NFCU CC and assume checking/savings?  Just a question.  I am very surpised they would pre-approve you with those limits if you scores in your signature are current.  Although maybe Us Bank is trying to finally get a piece of the action?  They are known to be VERY conservative with their approvals and CL's..  Does it state a SPECIFIC APR and not a range?  For comparison I have banked with them for 4 years and make 6 figures that get desposited in their monthly.  They were "kind" enough to pre-approve me, but didn't say amount applied and I got a huge 1k CL Smiley Sad.. Anyways, do what your gut tells you.

Message 2 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey credit gurus!!!

I just signed up for a checking account with US Bank and at the end of my application there was a pop up! Smiley Surprised

States I am preapproved for the Cash Bank or Perks+ Visa Platinum. Does anyone have either of these cards? States my starting credit limit would be $6,000. 

Does the pre-approval offer provide a specific APR? (i.e. not a range)

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account isn't for me. It's for my 7 year old nephew since my sister cannot get an account with NFCU. She wants to start putting money in a saving account for him.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, both the APRs was 0% for 12 months.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores have actually updated since then.

TU: 704
EX: 709
EQ: IDK updated score yet.

Wow you make wayyyyyyy more than me.
Message 6 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores have actually updated since then.

TU: 704
EX: 709
EQ: IDK updated score yet.

Wow you make wayyyyyyy more than me.

Not the 0% apr, but apr after is it a fixed apr after the intro?  Scores are better than in your signature so very well could be solid.  Making alot doesn't mean much in the credit world as people with alot lower income can have alot higher limits if their credit is better than mine.  Aka I am rebuiding and still have baddies on my report that are fairly old.  Clean profile trumps income any day of the weekSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh..I believe it said 17.9% after 12 months. You make a good point. My reports are clean.
Message 8 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

My guess is you are good if either of those card interest you.. If they offered the Cash+ then yes that would be a good card at 17.9% apr..  Best of luck if you decide to take up the offer!  

Message 9 of 16
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I opened a checking account a few months ago to get the sign up bonus.  They popped up the same offer for me.  After I accepted, there was a notice that they might manually review my approval.  However, the card arrived about a week later.

I am assuming you are going to look into the S.T.A.R.T savings offer for your nephew.  ($50 once you save $1000.  Another $50 if you keep the balance at $1000 for 1 year).  At least the first $50 bonus was a pre-paid debit card with a cute pig on it. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.