Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Req Amount of time to wait?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Req Amount of time to wait?

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know if there's a required amount of time to wait? This has no relevance to me. I'm only asking that one question. 

This is a discission forum.  If NRB's rely is not relevant then ignore it.  We are free to ask questions, discuss, etc.

As far as NRB's comment is concerned, if you received a low limit with US Bank it's certaily relevant.  A creditor's policy on application spacing and whether or not your credit profile and income qualify for approval are two entirely different things and you have to be able to clear both hoops.

Message 11 of 25
BigBS
Senior Contributor

I applied for my first US Bank Cash + card in May 2014 (near the 20th I think) and was approved with a $12.5k limit.  Received a pre-approval letter for a Cash + 2 weeks later and mistakenly app'd, but again was approved for $16.5k.  I say mistakenly because I thought I had confirmation that there would be no HP, but there was.  So, 2 approvals within about a 3 week period for the same card.  Neither the CSR or UW indicated an issue with timing.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 25
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

This is a YMMV situation.

My first US Bank card (REI co-branded) was in Aug 2013. (EX, SL 1k, now 5k)

Second card (Cash+) in Oct 2014. (EX, SL 8.5k, now 11.5k)

Third (Cash+ #2) and fourth (Club Carlson co-branded) were both in June 2015 and 10 minutes apart. They pulled TU and EQ respectively. In hindsight, it wasn't the best decision because while I got a 5k SL on the Cash+, I got only 1k on the Club Carlson. 

On the CLIs, as TMWC said, it's a gap of 6 months between SP CLIs on the same card (mostly $1,500). However you can apply for SP CLIs on multiple cards at the same time. 

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know if there's a required amount of time to wait? This has no relevance to me. I'm only asking that one question. 

This is a discission forum.  If NRB's rely is not relevant then ignore it.  We are free to ask questions, discuss, etc.

As far as NRB's comment is concerned, if you received a low limit with US Bank it's certaily relevant.  A creditor's policy on application spacing and whether or not your credit profile and income qualify for approval are two entirely different things and you have to be able to clear both hoops.

By asking his question, it seemed like he knew something about us bank. I wanted an answer to my original question in my original post and title, and the way he phrased his question, it seemed as if he had some knowledge about this. If this is a discussion forum then why can't I ask questions to bring it back to my topic?....

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you will take this in a friendly and helpful way, which is my intention in mentioning it. We care about each other on the board and want to help each other make the right choices. It's a strong message US Bank is sending if the last card they recently approved you for is a $300 credit limit.

Message 15 of 25
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

A $300 CL is obviously telling you something. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 16 of 25
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Also note that US Bank uses the other credit reports too. So it's not just EX, EQ and TU.

Message 17 of 25
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

Also note that US Bank uses the other credit reports too. So it's not just EX, EQ and TU.

yeah forgot about that

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 18 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

That 300$ approval should be an alarm message to you.  Do not app for anything right now and if your goal is Cash+ do not app but grow your CL up to 5K on Cash Rewards and then convert to Cash+ so you can keep the account history.  Do use the card regularly and you should see auto luv from US Bank. This of course  if you stop apping immediately and refrain for the next year at least .. just my 2cents..Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 25
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I know this is not going to be the answer you want to hear but I will say it anyway.

More than any other lender I have had experience with US Bank will go off of what your credit profile supports not X days from the last app. Since their approval model generally requires manual review, all of your AU accounts will be dismissed from consideration leaving you with a profile that is less than a year old and that has had a rapid increase in credit lines. These factors can be red flags to creditors (especially the conservative ones) and with such a young profile they have no way of gauging how risky you are yet.

The $300 approval you have gotten recently from US Bank indicates they are not comfortable with your profile and you should not apply for anything with them for at least 6 months.

You are, of course, free to ignore the advice given to you in this thread and apply for other products but I fear you will be denied and waste a HP.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.