Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank (USB) Altitude Go - 2x Points Question

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

US Bank (USB) Altitude Go - 2x Points Question

USB Altitude Go Credit Cardholders, does it earn 2x points at Costco, Target, or Walmart?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GrandBaker
Contributor

Re: US Bank (USB) Altitude Go - 2x Points Question

I found the following for their Cash+ card and assume that it would be the same for Altitude Go card as well.

https://cashplus.usbank.com/merchants/index

Both Target and Walmart are listed as grocery stores.

Message 2 of 7
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@GrandBaker wrote:

I found the following for their Cash+ card and assume that it would be the same for Altitude Go card as well.

https://cashplus.usbank.com/merchants/index

Both Target and Walmart are listed as grocery stores.

That was a good find!! Thank you, I won't be able to test this theory out for another 6+/months when I'm out of the garden.

Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

On my cash+, description for Walmart is grocery but it's only 1% instead of 2%

Message 4 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

There is a disclaimer up top under "Keep in Mind" and in fine print bullet 3 concerning MCC codes.  As with most card issuers, it will depend on the MCC assigned to that location's credit card merchant account.  For Visa, the Visa Supplier Locator page should show the Visa MCC for Target and Walmart locations in your area.

Message 5 of 7
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

On my cash+, description for Walmart is grocery but it's only 1% instead of 2%

Thank you for the Data Point. Seems I won't really know until I test with the card at my local Costco and Target.

Message 6 of 7
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

There is a disclaimer up top under "Keep in Mind" and in fine print bullet 3 concerning MCC codes.  As with most card issuers, it will depend on the MCC assigned to that location's credit card merchant account.  For Visa, the Visa Supplier Locator page should show the Visa MCC for Target and Walmart locations in your area.

As always useful information!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.