Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank & Penfed "extra cash back" promo

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

US Bank & Penfed "extra cash back" promo

Received these emails today on my cards....

IMG_1039.JPGIMG_1040.JPG

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank & Penfed "extra cash back" promo

I got the one for U.S. Bank (Cash+), but I have to spend $500.  Smiley Frustrated

It's not going to happen since I'm currently working on the spend requirement for my CSP bonus but I appreciate being on their radar. 

Message 2 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I got the one for U.S. Bank (Cash+), but I have to spend $500.  Smiley Frustrated

It's not going to happen since I'm currently working on the spend requirement for my CSP bonus but I appreciate being on their radar. 

Same here @UncleB . I mean, Im not working on any spends right now, but I thought the $500 was a little steep IMO. The US Bank one I'll particiapte in, since I spend that anyways Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I got the US Bank one too. I’m not even going to try for it though. I don’t spend that much on my Cash + due to the tiny limit lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 16
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Received these emails today on my cards....

IMG_1039.JPGIMG_1040.JPG

Pfft.... My PenFed Exclusive email states just make 3 purchases of $250 for a total of $750 blahhhhh... =$25 back

It's that simple. <<LoL>>

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I had the US Bank card, I could do that one easily - pre-pay the Comcast bill for a few months. 😂 

Message 6 of 16
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

LOL my US Bank offer was for spending $950...yeah US Bank hates me....I fell like Charlie Brown at Halloween....I GOT A ROCK!

Message 7 of 16
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

My US Bank was for $350.

But I then read the T&C and it’s just UP TO 20% MORE. So instead 1, 2, and 5%, it’s 1.2, 2.2, and 5.2%. Not that great, IMO, and borderline misleading.

[2/2019]
Message 8 of 16
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

I got the email from USB for a slightly lower spend reqt of $200. Dunno if Cellphone bill counts but if it does then our monthly bill of $230 every 2nd of each month on that card pretty much covers it.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I received both emails as well. Too busy meeting spend on the BMO-Harris CC right now. And recovering from meeting spend on a Citi business and US bank business card.

For the last 8 months, I've been rolling through spend bonuses back to back. Sometimes two cards at a time.

Still thinking on the Amex Bonvoy business card. That one would take some creativity to meet! lol

I must say US Bank pays out SUBs faster than any lender I've experienced so far. Capital one might be the 2nd fastest.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.