cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank and PNC Cash Rewards at the same time?

tag
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

US Bank and PNC Cash Rewards at the same time?

So I'm planning my applications way ahead of time and just wanted to know since these 2 cards pull from different bureaus here in NC would it be safe to say that given a strong enough profile they can be gotten at the same time? 

I'm planning on getting them in October of 2021 and in order to do that I will garden all of my scorable inquiries off of both bureaus so there won't be but maybe one inquiry and new account in a 12 month period on my credit report.  At that time my credit report will have 2 years of clean revolving history.  Seems that as long as cards pull from different bureaus 2 card app sprees shouldn't be a problem right?  

I know it seems a little far ahead but I am playing chess here and want to make sure I apply for certain things by a certain time so I can make this all fall into place being that these are 2 hard to get cards due to inquiries and new accounts.  

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank and PNC Cash Rewards at the same time?

Hi there,

Both banks are known to be conservative. Your chances would be good with 1 new account in 12 months. I'd app US Bank first, they are known to deny on more than 1. PNC won't automatically deny on 2.

That doesn't mean things won't change within that time. Good luck!!

Message 2 of 4
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Don't apply to both at the same time.  These are conservative banks.  Don't play chess unless you can see your way to checkmate.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 4
digitek
Established Contributor

tenor(2).gif

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.