Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank approval odds

tag
House2021
Established Contributor

US Bank approval odds

I see people get decent limits with US Bank so I was thinking of applying once escrow closes. Which scoring model and bureau do they use? My Fico 8s are 688(TU), 675 (Ex) and 649 (Eq)

I have no unpaid charge offs, 5 paid charge offs (from 2016, paid off this year), student loans of $22k with no derogatories from 2013 and 2014, an unpaid auto charge off from 2016, 4 credit cards with no derogatories

12 REPLIES 12
summerterrace
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank approval odds

How many inquiries in the last 6 months?

@House2021 wrote:

I see people get decent limits with US Bank so I was thinking of applying once escrow closes. Which scoring model and bureau do they use? My Fico 8s are 688(TU), 675 (Ex) and 649 (Eq)

I have no unpaid charge offs, 5 paid charge offs (from 2016, paid off this year), student loans of $22k with no derogatories from 2013 and 2014, an unpaid auto charge off from 2016, 4 credit cards with no derogatories

US Bank Altitude Reserve, Delta Gold Am Ex, PenFed Power Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Navy Federal Flagship, Chase Freedom, IHG Rewards Club Premier, Marriott Bonvoy Premier
Message 2 of 13
House2021
Established Contributor

3 inquiries in the past 6 months (all were mortgage), I also have three more inquiries, 2 of which will age to a year and one that will be 9 months old

Message 3 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Need to see both 6 and 12 month inquiry figures. 

They normally pull Transunion but they factor in where you live in the US so it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they pulled from a different CRA.

Which card were you thinking of applying for? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 13
calyx
Super Contributor

As the others said, we need a little bit more info.
And just for a fun DP - they pulled EQ for me when I apped in 2018.  They've pulled TU for my graduation (from a secured card) and for CLIs.   I see them softpulling all three bureaus pretty regularly.   I'm located in NC.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 13
House2021
Established Contributor

Not sure which US Bank card, whichever is best approval odds, but not a retail one, just one that can be used anywhere

Message 6 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@House2021 wrote:

Not sure which US Bank card, whichever is best approval odds, but not a retail one, just one that can be used anywhere

@House2021  what's your idea of decent limit? 

Even if approved, I think you should temper your expectations when it comes to US Bank.

Based on your threads in RYC and what you listed here, approval would be very iffy and most likely for a low amount. 

If you don't mind a single pull, give it a try. 

Message 7 of 13
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@House2021 wrote:

I have the U.S. Bank Platinum Visa® Card at the time I applied for a checking account and CC at the same time 1 ding from TU. I think it helps if you have a banking realtionship with them as I was approved for a $5k SL. Fico was around 795. They are one my best cards as I was able to go to a $8k and now $13k CL's all with SPs. 

Like @Remedios said I would give your approval a low chance, since you have things going on with credit and a new mortgage

Message 8 of 13
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Is it inquires or new accounts that US Bank cares about?

I always see people saying 1 or less new account in 12 months. 

Message 9 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@GatorGuy wrote:

Is it inquires or new accounts that US Bank cares about?

I always see people saying 1 or less new account in 12 months. 

New accounts, but it's possible to get denied for inquiries, too. If those are result of mortgage or loan shopping, recon is possible. 

With that said, some have been approved with lot more than 1 account (🙋‍♀️) and some cannot get approved with 0 new accounts. 

They typically only pull one CRA, and that's the only way to find out, by applying.  

It's really not the end of the world if one tries, regardless of the outcome.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.