Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank balance transfer and usage

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

US Bank balance transfer and usage

I just received a 0% for 15 months on BTs and purchases from USBank. I used the card to transfer $1400 from another card.  After everything settles the USBank card will be my only carried balance. The card has a $3k limit, so I went over 30%, but I hope to have it paid down to under $900 before they report. Not quite AZEO, but maybe AZEO light?

I have 2 questions regarding US Bank.

1) How long should I expect the BT to take place.  The card (Discover, my daily driver) I paid off does not have a payment due as I have been paying once a week. However, they cut/report at the end of the month, and I am curious if I can expect the BT to be reflected on next report.

2) I have been very happy with DISCO and plan to use it as a DD. Will USBank hold being sock drawered against me? I have 15 months, so I figured I would make 11 payments of $120 and zero out on the 12th pmt.

Really appreciate the feedback!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank balance transfer and usage

1) US Bank says up to two weeks. 

2) A lot of people use cards with an intro BT offer like this. 

Also as for the card limit, $1400/$3600 = ~46.7% which means you are over 28.9% but under 48.9%. If your purpose of the BT is to save money, I wouldn’t worry about paying it down early. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.