Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank cards: REI

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank cards: REI

Dont worry, LLT. When I call, I'll tell them who you are! 

Message 11 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Still looking for a card that provides cell phone protection, after the Uber nerf and my Wells Fargo rejection.   Looking at the REI card (since I do shop there, there is some point to the card!).   I already have the Altitude Reserve and Cash +from US Bank (and the Fidelity from Elan).   Is there a limit on the number of cards they are willing to issue?    Two new accounts this year (+ the WF inq) might also be an issue I guess!

Well, nothing better to do so I applied.   Still pending.

Message 12 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Keep us posted @longtimelurker. Hope it has a good outcome!
Message 13 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Good luck, LLT!
Message 14 of 21
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

If you can go the business card route, Chase Ink Preferred offers cell phone protection with bonus UR points to boot.
Message 15 of 21
creditfan
Established Contributor

sdfcu card 

$250 per claim, 2 claims per year

nvm if too little to you

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/navy-federal-credit-union-adds-cell-phone-insurance-visa-cards/

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

REI is the only card I've had on my list for a while now.  Several posts said their starting lines were pretty high ($18k-$22k).  Was rather odd for a US Bank card so I thought I'd hold off.  Let us know how your turns out.

Message 17 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

REI is the only card I've had on my list for a while now.  Several posts said their starting lines were pretty high ($18k-$22k).  Was rather odd for a US Bank card so I thought I'd hold off.  Let us know how your turns out.

Yes, I will.   If this doesn't work out, next is the Citizen's Bank one unless that pulls EXP, in which case I will give up on credit card cell insurance....

Message 18 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just got email is was approved, $25K (so a little higher than the Altitude for a much less useful card).    Since I lack self control, probably going for the Citizen's bank anyway,

Message 19 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker  Congrats, that's a really nice approval. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.