Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank combination with 7 month-old card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank combination with 7 month-old card

Not sure if this really counts as an approval, but I was a bit surprised they didn't even question me combining limits with a card that was opened in May this year...

Anywho, called up to combine my Korean Air Skypass Visa Sig into last years useless Cash Rewards card, and PC it to the Cash+ VS I had applied for in the first place. 2 minute phone call, boom done and thank you for 15k Korean Air miles for $85 haha

+1 for US Bank!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank combination with 7 month-old card

+2

This is sort of the option that I have to look at now but a little differently.

Sitting on a preapproval mailer as they do every year about this time but having to draw up just when to do it to make the most of a combo.

Congrats!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ,what number did you call? I got 2 cards with them and have tried 3 times but they refused Smiley Sad 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats ,what number did you call? I got 2 cards with them and have tried 3 times but they refused Smiley Sad 

first called the number on the Korean Air card but it started going off at me in Korean and I am not that fluent yet, so I hung up and looked on the website to find this one:

800-285-8585

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats. A lot of ppl dislike US Bank but they are one of my favorite cards and one of my favorite banks. They really value banking relationships so I always say open a savings and checking and keep $25 in each (both free with a credit card or lending product) and that will really help you with approvals and getting preapprovals and customer service. They really make an effort for ppl with other accounts. Congrats again.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice! Congrats. A lot of ppl dislike US Bank but they are one of my favorite cards and one of my favorite banks. They really value banking relationships so I always say open a savings and checking and keep $25 in each (both free with a credit card or lending product) and that will really help you with approvals and getting preapprovals and customer service. They really make an effort for ppl with other accounts. Congrats again.

I couldn't agree more.  I see a lot of people unhappy with US Bank, and I have little to no luck with their website.  But the local branch calls me regularly, and every success I have had with them has been in-branch or with my local banker.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

well nothing had changed in 10 days so I called in again and got 3 slightly different stores from 2 reps and an underwriter...

first rep said that they can't transfer the limit because the Korean Air card is not a US Bank core product, and I would need to talk to UW. 

UW said they don't do limit transfers anymore, but I can have the CS person cancel the Korean Air card, and apply for an equal CLI with a SP on the Cash Rewards (Cash+) card.

second rep was a little confused, but claimed to have submitted all of those changes - although she couldn't guarantee that the CLI would not result in a HP. Figured either way I just want this combo and upgrade finished because I don't want to pay another $85 for a useless card next spring, and 1 more INQ isn't going to affect anything at the moment.

Have to subtract half a point from US Bank for this hassle!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know if the limit increase goes through.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.