Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank denied...?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

US Bank denied...?

Kind of confused here. I app'd for US Bank Flex Perks Select a few weeks ago and I got the 7-10 message. I received a letter in the mail the other day stating they needed to verify some information before a account could be established. I called and verified my info and the agent said that it usually meant the app was approved. Flash forward to the very next day, I call the app status line and it said my app was unable to be approved and to expect a letter stating why. Now 3 days later, I decided to call the app status line again and now my app is "in process". Does that mean it's approved or something? Confused >_< I shouldn't have app'd for this card when I did. I think I was at like 27% UTL. At 16% now. But my plan was to app for this card and PC it to Cash+. Anyone have any experience with US Bank apps?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank denied...?

I think US Bank has been acting a bit nuts lately. I remember a thread a few weeks ago that they denied, submitted for manual review, etc and the card showed up a bit after. So maybe they denied a manual review and someone gave it a 2nd look... keep us posted!

Message 2 of 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Odd. Maybe the computer auto denied it when they couldn't verify my info? So they are looking at it manually?

Message 3 of 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

UPDATE

Called the app status number this morning...the app is now in "approved" status. I have no idea what the credit limit is. I'm trying to figure it out.

Message 4 of 6
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

I think US Bank has been acting a bit nuts lately. I remember a thread a few weeks ago that they denied, submitted for manual review, etc and the card showed up a bit after. So maybe they denied a manual review and someone gave it a 2nd look... keep us posted!

And also the case where two users applied for Cash Plus, and got denied but got the Flex card instead.  Then, a few weeks later, the Cash Plus cards arrive, with the same account number, even though the CLs were below usual signature limits.   So, not a well-oiled machine!  Good for those applying (apart from the confusion caused by mixed messages), hope that their core banking business is more tightly controlled!

Message 5 of 6
toppers555
Established Contributor

The letter you got was from thier fraud group credit department will not even look at app untill they get clear from fraud department. I assume the denial you got was just auto system untill fraud clear your app.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.