Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank is redic

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

US Bank is redic

So, back in early September, I app'ed for US Bank Platinum - not knowing tjhey didn't approve applicants outside of their "geographic area" for this card. I called and asked about my app; they said it was auto denied with no credit pull.

Well, as I posted previously, they pulled my credit anyway, even though I was told three times that it was just flat out auto denied with no pull due to my location. I asked them to make sure the application was CANCELED. What else would I get if I didn't get the US Bank Platinum? That's the only US Bank product I wanted.

A day later, I got a hard inq on Experian- took me a couple weeks to get that removed, but US Bank admitted their mistake and had it removed ultimately. I had to push the envelope a little and get Experian to remove it earlier than the 6-8 weeks US Bank committed to.

WELL, now I check my Exp report today, and I have a new $1,000 credit limit card account from US Bank.

WTH!?!? It is reported as closed already, which is odd.
US Bank is rediculous. I'm still baffled how I could even get a card I was told time after time after TIME I simply did not qualify for due to my location.

This new tradeline lowered my aaoa to 3.1 years v the 3.2 years it was. :-( sad! lol

Needless to say, I've already disputed the tradeline, and hope it gets removed appropriately. They are just blowing my mind!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank is redic

Now THAT is hilarious.  If there was an error on their end (since they allegedly informed you the product was not available in your area to apply) then I'm sure they can remove the TL.  US Bank can be quirky sometimes.

Message 2 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Are you sure you didn't cancel it cause the limit was 'low'? Smiley LOL
Message 3 of 30
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

That is weird- I did the same thing- but they didn't pull my CR- until I app'd for the FlexPerks.
Message 4 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Are you sure you didn't cancel it cause the limit was 'low'? Smiley LOL

LMAO!!!  Kinda like the MyPoints Visa?  I was just going to mention that but I'm glad you said it Lexie... Robot LOL

Message 5 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar

You know I couldn't resist. Young is definitely my problem child and I have to keep him on his toes.
Message 6 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I told them if I couldn't get US Bank Platinum, I didn't want any US Bank card. They even asked me about the Travel card, and I said no lol.

LOL@lexie.... I would be calling them AGAIN for a recon to get a higher limit.

PFT..

a thousand dollars.

You kiddin' me USBank? Looks like I did well by choosing BOA.

I'm glad I wasn't eligible for the Platinum. Too bad I'm having to fight all these lovely additions to my ever-expanding CR. hhahaSmiley MadSmiley IndifferentSmiley Surprised

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Don't be surprised if the cc arrives in the mail.

Shaking my head!
Message 8 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

$1k. Hahaha
Message 9 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I hope it doesn't. I just want it off of my report :-(

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.