Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank - no CL xfer

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

US Bank - no CL xfer

Fun fact:

Unlike Chase and Barclays (which have supported inter-card CL transfer requests without so much as a raised eyebrow), US Bank will not allow one to transfer part of a credit limit from one card to another.

You want a usable CLI?  Hard pull -- even if the card is a week old.

Underwriter (at the end of the call): Can I help you with anything else?

Me: Ummm ... you haven't helped me.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank - no CL xfer

@expatCanuck wrote:

Fun fact:

Unlike Chase and Barclays (which have supported inter-card CL transfer requests without so much as a raised eyebrow), US Bank will not allow one to transfer part of a credit limit from one card to another.

You want a usable CLI?  Hard pull -- even if the card is a week old.

Underwriter (at the end of the call): Can I help you with anything else?

Me: Ummm ... you haven't helped me.

@expatCanuck This has been known for several decades and plenty of DPs on US Bank's CL reallocations policy.

In the agent's defense, they asked if you needed help with anything else. Obviously, they already provided you with the answer of something that US Bank isn't able to do.

Take the HP if you want a reconsideration of your initial limit -- plenty of folks have done so, including myself 🤷‍♂️

Message 2 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I took second HP when AR was approved on the same day. It's always been their policy and it's a "cost" of doing businesses.

I wanted more imaginary money, they wanted me to lose a few imaginary points,  limit was doubled after that pull. 

I do like it much better when lenders allow CL reallocations but that's never been the case with them, PCs only. 

If you need higher limit to accomodate BT, take a hard pull. If you are concerned with losing points, you might lose more from high utilization. And just like utilization has no memory, HP loses scoring impact after 12 months,  you'll be riding BT for 12 months so that's zero sum game.

Sometimes it's not possible to reconcile financial well-being and imaginary points loss, so you'll need to decide which one is more important to you 

Message 3 of 7
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Helpful, thanks.

Not taking a hard pull 'til one falls off.  My EX score shows what happens when one hits 6 hard pulls.

I don't like light green.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I wanted more imaginary money, they wanted me to lose a few imaginary points

I am confused.   Is your fico score something like 8XX + 72i or something?

Message 5 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I wanted more imaginary money, they wanted me to lose a few imaginary points

I am confused.   Is your fico score something like 8XX + 72i or something?

Yours isn't? 

Message 6 of 7
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Sometime ago, I received auto CLI on my Cash+ (~5k to ~13k). You may receive one by time but if you need it now, it will be HP.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.