cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank reports at the end of the month?!

tag
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

US Bank reports at the end of the month?!

After getting approved for the Cash+ card late June I took advantage of the Amazon Prime Day sales so I could get the SUP over and done.  I pay all my cards every Monday or Tuesday, and do the AZEO thing.  Well, Cash+ was going to be the new AZEO card and closing date is around the 9th of every month.

Anyway, the Amazon Prime day purchases put me at the 75% util on the Cash+ card.  I paid the balance down to about 50% the following week and was planning to paying it off except for maybe $20.00 by Aug9 which was the closing.

US Bank reported on July 31 which I didn't know until I paid the rest of the balance (paid near full) and left $18 to show today.  When I got the alert about a change on my CR, US Bank listed a balance of $2281.  On the US Bank site, it shows $18.  I'm not worried but I'm annoyed that I'm gonna drop a few points for a couple months.

That'll teach me not to use US Bank as my AZEO.  Lol

R.I.P Cards 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank reports at the end of the month?!

US Bank reports on last business day of the month.

They can be be used as azeo card, you just need to adjust when you pay it, or drop the whole azeo altogether. 

While i am not advocating for allowing  maxed out cards to report as such all the time, there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing some use on your cards, and  your issue will self resolve in 21 days 

Message 2 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

There have already been lengthy discussions about USBank reporting here on different threads. But just to reiterate ;
USBank reports between the 1st to 5th day of each month reporting whatever balance you might have on the last business day of the prior month.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 8
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
There have already been lengthy discussions about USBank reporting here on different threads. But just to reiterate ;
USBank reports between the 1st to 5th day of each month reporting whatever balance you might have on the last business day of the prior month.

Yes.  This is an important distinction, and one which I have observed (with my Elan card) in practical behaviour. 

If you are waiting for a new month to roll over to pull reports, and have a US Bank or Elan card that will come in to play, it is best to give it a few days to ensure it shows up in the newly generated score pull if that is what you are going for.  

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting the Cash+. It’s a nice card. 

I second the vote to drop AZEO.  It is not going to significantly help your FICO 8, and is only really appropriate if a mortgage app is imminent.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 8
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

US Bank reports on last business day of the month.

They can be be used as azeo card, you just need to adjust when you pay it, or drop the whole azeo altogether. 

While i am not advocating for allowing  maxed out cards to report as such all the time, there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing some use on your cards, and  your issue will self resolve in 21 days 

+1

AZEO isn’t beneficial to use on a normal basis unless you have a important credit app coming up. 

I let 7-15K report each month between different cards. It hurts my score a little bit nothing major and as long as I PIF I could careless. 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, if not mentioned already, you can have the due date changed so that the closing/statement date aligns much closer to the end of the month reporting cycle. Just something to keep in mind as an option.
Message 7 of 8
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

I'll have to keep that in mind.  At least the end of the month is easy enough to remember. Smiley Very Happy

R.I.P Cards 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.