Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank cash+ Visa Signature limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US bank cash+ Visa Signature limit

Just got my new card, instant approval online, they're telling me my revolving limit is $500??? On a visa signature, really? Did they misplace a zero? 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US bank cash+ Visa Signature limit

Nope Us Bank issues 500 VS CC's now..

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Nope Us Bank issues 500 VS CC's now..

Ouch. Well this card does not fit my profile then. What a waste of an inquiry. Do they at least do soft pull CLI's? I don't know whether to just close it or sock drawer it, everything else in my wallet is much higher. 

Message 3 of 27
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Its possible to request $1500 CLI increases every 6 months, which are usually SP.

The card will grow with time. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

$500 is low in that it prevents you reaching the $2000 a quarter in 5%.   I would attempt a recon on just that basis.    WHen people get $500 on a Freedom, that IS just enough!  Here it isn't.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the $5K minimum for VS is not always true. My Chase Amazon is at $3500 and is a VS.
Message 6 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I think the $5K minimum for VS is not always true. My Chase Amazon is at $3500 and is a VS.

It is deffinetly not true anymore being 5k for VS.. Although some lenders still require it(BofA, etc), but Visa does not.

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mlc269

Get in touch with UW ....and recon that SL

Do have any other relationships with US bank???
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also...Be very clear with UW...use same HP.

I was told by UW if you ask under 10k it will not be another HP ...if CR profile is strong go for it .

Message 9 of 27
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

$500 is low in that it prevents you reaching the $2000 a quarter in 5%.   I would attempt a recon on just that basis.    WHen people get $500 on a Freedom, that IS just enough!  Here it isn't.

You can pay more than once a month, so its not absolutely a limitation. It is annoying in the short term though.

Depending on how you use the categories, you may not need the full $2000 spend per quarter. The cell phone category, for example, is a rare category for credit cards that wouldn't be expected to use a huge chunk of $2000 per 3 months, which probably leaves more spend potential for the other category (which likely would not all be used).

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.