cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? US bank online apps Instant ?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

? US bank online apps Instant ?

I am considering applying....but

 

Most of the US Bank approvals I see here are from apping over the phone or going to a branch.

 

Anyone apped online and got an instant approval?

 

Do they manually review like Chase often does?

 

 


No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***




Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?

Manual review 99% of the time. An Op had 800 scores and it went to manual review.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?


@coldnmn wrote:

Manual review 99% of the time. An Op had 800 scores and it went to manual review.


+1

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?


@coldnmn wrote:

Manual review 99% of the time. An Op had 800 scores and it went to manual review.


Thanks for the information.

 

I suspected this was their modus operandi.


No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***




Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?

US Bank is a bit of an oddball.  It took me 3 trys to get in.  

 

Try #1:  Cold applied for Club Carlson.  Instant "approval" online for $8k.  Revoked by analyst the following day.

Try #2:  Cold applied for Flexperks.  Same result.

Try #3:  Decided to open a checking acct, put about $500 in it, wait two months.  Called general customer service number to ask a question about one of their many fees.  CSR seemed friendly so I asked about Cash+.  She happily agreed to take my app over the phone and it came back instant approval $7k.  Didn't hold my breath, but the card arrived limit intact about 10 days later.

Try #4:  Cash+ is about 3 months old, decided to apply online for Kroger 1-2-3 card.  Instant approval $9k.  Card arrived limit intact a week later.

 

Who knows if it helps at all, but I think telephone apps and possibly a banking relationship help push through US Bank approvals.  Nevertheless, I doubt you will have an issue judging by your credit profile.

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?


@B335is wrote:

US Bank is a bit of an oddball.  It took me 3 trys to get in.  

Try #1:  Cold applied for Club Carlson.  Instant "approval" online for $8k.  Revoked by analyst the following day.

Try #2:  Cold applied for Flexperks.  Same result.

Try #3:  Decided to open a checking acct, put about $500 in it, wait two months.  Called general customer service number to ask a question about one of their many fees.  CSR seemed friendly so I asked about Cash+.  She happily agreed to take my app over the phone and it came back instant approval $7k.  Didn't hold my breath, but the card arrived limit intact about 10 days later.

Try #4:  Cash+ is about 3 months old, decided to apply online for Kroger 1-2-3 card.  Instant approval $9k.  Card arrived limit intact a week later.

Who knows if it helps at all, but I think telephone apps and possibly a banking relationship help push through US Bank approvals.  Nevertheless, I doubt you will have an issue judging by your credit profile.


That's the one I have my eye on.
TY for the reply.

 

 


No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***




Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?


@pazuzu wrote:

@B335is wrote:

US Bank is a bit of an oddball.  It took me 3 trys to get in.  

Try #1:  Cold applied for Club Carlson.  Instant "approval" online for $8k.  Revoked by analyst the following day.

Try #2:  Cold applied for Flexperks.  Same result.

Try #3:  Decided to open a checking acct, put about $500 in it, wait two months.  Called general customer service number to ask a question about one of their many fees.  CSR seemed friendly so I asked about Cash+.  She happily agreed to take my app over the phone and it came back instant approval $7k.  Didn't hold my breath, but the card arrived limit intact about 10 days later.

Try #4:  Cash+ is about 3 months old, decided to apply online for Kroger 1-2-3 card.  Instant approval $9k.  Card arrived limit intact a week later.

Who knows if it helps at all, but I think telephone apps and possibly a banking relationship help push through US Bank approvals.  Nevertheless, I doubt you will have an issue judging by your credit profile.


That's the one I have my eye on.
TY for the reply.

 

 


Goodluck if you decide to apply.  They've been giving generous limits to some other posters lately ($20k +) on this card.

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Member

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?

Applied for LOC and 2 CCs, all instant approval. Maybe it helped that I've been banking with them for more than 10 years.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: ? US bank online apps Instant ?

 

    Went on an application spree and was initially denied the US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards card. I even received the denial letter stating the reasons why. But like... maybe 5-6 says later they sent me another letter telling me they were unable to verify some information. So I called in and verified my information with a nice customer service representative and they said I'd receive notification in the mail of their decision.

 

    I called back the next day and my application was approved, high interest rate and no 0% apr unfortunately BUT they approved me for the Select Rewards card at $5,000 which is my highest credit limit yet. This will help utilization and possibly any CLI attempts in the future on my other cards. More than likely they'll want to match that $5,000.

 

    But yes, they're 100% manual review I am pretty sure like others are stating. They are more conservative than Wells Fargo. They definitely seem very picky on who they choose to give credit to. I only had 6 months history, 700-710 across all 3 bureaus, clean report and I had tons of inquiries due to the spree but somehow got approved. Good luck if you apply/have applied.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.