Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank secured card data;an non- USbank secured CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US bank secured card data;an non- USbank secured CC

No, prob jus remember to update us with the outcome...we need all the US bank info we can get LOL
Message 91 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called usbank this morning. The backdoor number provided in the thread above does not work then I tried calling underwriting department, but they confirm that they must pull another credit report for CLI. And I said NO
Message 92 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...different rep different answer??? They told me.....under 30 same HP???

Strange...

Message 93 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you speak to general CRS? I called to lending depart and I think he's a credit analysis
Message 94 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Idk...but I usually start off with ..." Hey, I spoke With someone in the credit analysis dept. And they advised me I can call in about using the same HP to do cli...long as my last one is under 30...can you get me to that dept." And usually they transfer and the next person is more informed

Message 95 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might change their policy huh? Or should I call and speak to another representative ?
Message 96 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea...policy maybe changing...trying to cut access to underwritten/analysis dept.
Message 97 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last secured card is my us bank card and I would like to keep it open since it's my oldest card. Requested to upgrade now my credit card account gives an error message when I try to open it on the app. On the computer it says the account is "inactive" or about to be "closed"

Two questions:

1. Based upon this, I should be in the process of being unsecured right?

2. I have good rewards cards and don't really want the actual platinum. Is it too early to ask about a pc to a cash+?
Message 98 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andrewm33

Strange, I don't remember getting that error...

You should be able to still PC....
Message 99 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank are my only secured cards left but they are my oldest so I guard them as if they were my children.  

DP:

Secured US Bank #1: $3000

Opened:  A little under 2 years

Secured US Bank #2: $2000

Opened: A little under 2 years

Since then was issued a unsecured Visa signature (which I thought was actually my secured cards going unsecured but turns out was a whole new line of credit: $1000, and 30 days later auto-CLI to $1500).  

I've called in to ask about graduating the cards but the CSR was very unknowledgeable and gave what I thought were wrong answers when I asked him about AAoA, so I was transferred to a credit analyst in the lending department.  I asked her point blank, is this card going to graduate and she asked for my identifying information so she could review the account.  She said there is no reason why not, but she couldn't promise me that I would be approved - which I get.  I then asked and wanted to be sure that they weren't going to just issue me a whole new account and drop the original one which would destroy my oldest length card -- she said she couldn't be sure, but that they were a discretionary lender.  When asked what she meant she said that it means every credit application is reviewed by a person not a computer (which is nice but hey I still  need that exact same account).  She also could not promise me that it would be a HP or SP, how many it would be, which bureaus (I'd have to thaw for them to check, I thoug,ht at the time but I was wrong), or that I would get the product I wanted instead of whatever they decide I'm worthy of.  Please keep in mind that US Bank pulls from non-traditional CRAs like Sagestream so you should probably freeze those as has been suggested in other threads.  Hung up and never really went back to the issue. 

Message 100 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.