Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA 0% Promo for BTs and Convenience Checks

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

USAA 0% Promo for BTs and Convenience Checks

I was poking around the USAA site and I checked my "Offers" for grins and there happened to be a new one:

USAAPromo2020.jpg

I'm a bit surprised USAA didn't send out an email blast on this, but they didn't (or at least I didn't get one).  It's not quite as good as the last offer I had with them, which was no fee, but a 3% fee for 16 months isn't terrible by any means.

I have two USAA Visa cards; one is a Limitless Visa and the other is an old Rewards Visa Platinum I opened back in 2014 that I usually only use for balance shuffles.  Anyway, in my case the promo happens to be for the old card, so I'm once again glad I never closed it.

If you prefer to go the convenience check route rather than do a BT any convenience check issued for the account will do, such as the one attached to the monthly statement.  This was the case in the past, and I had a chat session with a CSR just a little while ago and confirmed this hasn't changed.  The main thing is that whatever check is used must post by 2/15 to trigger the promo.  You can also request free convenience checks on the website.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: USAA 0% Promo for BTs and Convenience Checks

Nice @UncleB 

I keep checking but so far no offers,

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Nice @UncleB 

I keep checking but so far no offers,

Well rats. Smiley Frustrated

I have no idea how they choose who gets the promo (and on what card).  My Limitless is used monthly (although not heavily) and there's no offer, whereas my old Platinum is exclusively used for balance shuffles due to no-fee cash advances and yet it has the offer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also have a 2%/18 month offer on my Quicksilver WEMC.  It currently has a balance at 0% where the promo is about to expire, so I might do a shuffle and reset the 0% but it would be so easy to simply cash a USAA convenience check and call it a day.  I'll have to give it some thought, but in any case it's good to have options.

Message 3 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I was poking around the USAA site and I checked my "Offers" for grins and there happened to be a new one:

USAAPromo2020.jpg

I'm a bit surprised USAA didn't send out an email blast on this, but they didn't (or at least I didn't get one).  It's not quite as good as the last offer I had with them, which was no fee, but a 3% fee for 16 months isn't terrible by any means.

I have two USAA Visa cards; one is a Limitless Visa and the other is an old Rewards Visa Platinum I opened back in 2014 that I usually only use for balance shuffles.  Anyway, in my case the promo happens to be for the old card, so I'm once again glad I never closed it.

If you prefer to go the convenience check route rather than do a BT any convenience check issued for the account will do, such as the one attached to the monthly statement.  This was the case in the past, and I had a chat session with a CSR just a little while ago and confirmed this hasn't changed.  The main thing is that whatever check is used must post by 2/15 to trigger the promo.  You can also request free convenience checks on the website.

WooHoo UncleB! This is a nice one even with the fee. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

USAAPromo2020.jpg

Thanks @UncleB , No offers for MeSmiley Sad

Plenty of BT checks coming from Chase every weekSmiley Tongue

Message 5 of 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

Yeah it's a good offer - love the option to use checks. 

My parents have the offer on their Rewards VS, had it last year too (what a waste); I'm an AU on that card but never use it.    I don't have the offer (or any promo) on my Amex Cash Rewards+.    Shame, I'm the one likely to make use of it. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.