Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA $9000 Credit Limit Approval

tag
DI
Super Contributor

USAA $9000 Credit Limit Approval

I just app'ed for the  USAA Advantage Platinum to  become eligible for deposit@home.  To my surprise, I got approved for $9000 instantly.  This is my highest limit now.  I'm definitely closing smaller limit cards soon.

Congratulations DI, you're approved!

You've been approved for a USAA Rate Advantage Platinum MasterCard® . Please review your summary and find out what happens next.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
grussell70
Contributor

Re: USAA $9000 Credit Limit Approval

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! well done. i don't have a high enough equifax score yet to get approved with them yet but working on it. CONGRATS again!!!!!

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

Thanks!   I only app'ed for the card because the system kept saying I wasn't eligible for deposit@home and phone.    They sure know how to get people to apply for their products!!

Message 3 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think that they like you to have one of their CC's in case you --sorry, a member in general! Smiley Very Happy --deposits a bad check. They can cover themselves by charging the bad deposit to the card. Sort of like using the card as overdraft protection for checking (which I do, and it works very well on my once-a-year math error.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICE!   Congratulations DI

Message 5 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! The approval makes it easier to call Citi with the bad news.  Smiley Very Happy  I hope they let me close the accounts without a lecture.  

Message 6 of 26
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Very nice CL DI!!!  Smiley Happy

My congrats to you..

Have fun with Citi - LOL!!!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! The approval makes it easier to call Citi with the bad newsSmiley Very Happy  I hope they let me close the accounts without a lecture.  

You're Welcome!    

So, have you already closed one of these?  or just going to close Citi?  one?  or both?

Citi Sears 2009- $3600 Limit

Target Visa 2000-$500 Limit

Citi Platinum Select 2009- $5000 Limit

US Bank Kroger 123  2009- $5300

Message 8 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! The approval makes it easier to call Citi with the bad news.  Smiley Very Happy  I hope they let me close the accounts without a lecture.  

You're Welcome!    

So, have you already closed one of these?  or just going to close Citi?  one?  or both?

@ Ray Thanks!

@Anonymous    I haven't closed any accounts yet.  I'm waiting to make sure AMEX report my 1997 member since date first.  Target will be the first to go. 

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're Welcome!    

@ Ray Thanks!

@Anonymous    I haven't closed any accounts yet.  I'm waiting to make sure AMEX report my 1997 member since date first.  Target will be the first to go. 

Good!   You are very smart ~  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.