Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA $9000 Credit Limit Approval

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: USAA $9000 Credit Limit Approval

I may need to add PenFed to the list despite the 5% cash back on gas.   My limit with them is at $1000.  I haven't received any offers from them.   I joined PenFed in  August 2009. 

Message 11 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DI wrote:

I may need to add PenFed to the list despite the 5% cash back on gas.   My limit with them is at $1000.  I haven't received any offers from them.   I joined PenFed in  August 2009. 

You might want to Google "cutting off your nose to spite your face."  Smiley Wink

IMO, there are different kinds of rewards. There are literal rewards, like the 5% cash back, and there are other types, like great customer service, high CL's, and easy CLI's.

As long as a card has at least one of these, it's pretty much a keeper for me.

But chacun a son gout, and congrats on the nice card.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

Thanks, Hauling!

What credit report USAA  normally pull?  I just checked my EQ and EX reports showing no inquiry from them.   I have an investigation in process with TU, so I cannot check it right now.  If they  did pull TU, I am happy.  I have 0 inquiries with them. 

Message 13 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! I tried to see if I qualify and it showed me the link is invalid. I guess I didn't qualify for the card. May be I reached the max. no. of the cards with USAA. I already got  USAA World MC and Amex.

Ron.

Message 14 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DI wrote:

Thanks, Hauling!

What credit report USAA  normally pull?  I just checked my EQ and EX reports showing no inquiry from them.   I have an investigation in process with TU, so I cannot check it right now.  If they  did pull TU, I am happy.  I have 0 inquiries with them. 

I've always known them to pull Equifax for an actual app, although they've also softed me on Experian.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@DI wrote:

Thanks, Hauling!

I've always known them to pull Equifax for an actual app, although they've also softed me on Experian.

They never pulled soft on EXP and they only pulled hard on EQ  for approval.

Ron.

Message 16 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

DI,

What is the purchase rate? Did you get their lowest rate?

Ron.

Message 17 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

Purchase rate is 12.9% (Prime+9.65%) .    Their lowest rate for this particular card is 6.9%    

btw:  The system still isn't allowing me to register for deposit@home.  Do I have to wait to activate the card first to satisfy eligibility?

Edit:  The rep I just spoke with said it takes 2 weeks for the system to update to make me eligible for deposit@home and phone.   I should see a link when deposit@home is ready.

Message 18 of 26
DI
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@DI wrote:

Thanks, Hauling!

Do you think its possible for them to not have pulled any report?

Message 19 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

DI,

The rate is not too bad.  Congrats again!!!!

Ron.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.