Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AMEX & MC - Instant Approval $15k each

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA approved me for AMEX & MC - $15k each

What is nice is to have an rate that is not likely to be jacked if you use it...
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA AMEX & MC - Instant Approval $15k each

USAA reports quickly.  My new USAA MC is all ready showing up on Experian.

Message 12 of 20
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Check out if you are eligible to join Fort Knox FCU. They have very nice rewards credit card, I believe underwritten by PenFed.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep.

Fort Knox

Fort Hood

Germany

back to Fort Hood

Fort Sam Houston

DH was in last year of enlistment at wedding so got to spend a year at Fort Bliss.

Hauling - at what point would you guess I might first think about rate reduction request?  I was approved at 9.9% on each and would love to move down to the 7.75% at some point.

Message Edited by Angel73 on 08-12-2009 07:41 PM

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 13 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Fort Knox FCU is one of the largest credit unions located in KY. You can find information regarding the field of membership here:

http://www.fkfcu.org/membershipeligibility.htm

While the rewards on their Visa card are pretty good they are not as good as PenFed's and I don't find any evidence of a relationship between Fort Knox FCU and Pentagon FCU.

http://www.fkfcu.org/visacards.htm

They do offer some interesting products, including a Gold Visa card backed by your home equity which allows the finance charges to be tax deductible and they also list repo's and forclosures on the web site.

Message 14 of 20
tmoney
Regular Contributor

Reading  Angel73  thread got me a little curiuos about  USAA   I am prior military but was

uncertain whether I qualified due to eligibility separation date. What the heck  roll the dice 

on joining and got accepted. Feeling great just for getting in,decided to try my luck with a 

USAA MC (EQ fico just recently hit 701 on 08//7/09 )    2 CO  1 due to fall off in nov this

year  the other 2010  couple lates  on one CO   APPROVED    credit limit  10,000 . Now 

I am feeling really courageous  USAA AMEX  catches my eye    apply and  APPROVED

credit limit  10,000    both with just 1 inq   Feeling very happy USAA right now

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I'm very happy with USAA.  And the insurance products are awesome as well.  The rates are very competitive, and you get combined discounts when you have multiple products (auto, home, life, credit, checking, savings).

Message 16 of 20
Grape
Regular Contributor

Congrats Angel73 and Tmoney.

Tmoney,  Would you mind sharing a little bit more about your profile? Such as, credit limits on other cards, overall utilization, utilization on individual cards, AAoA, longest revolving, etc..? I ask because I have a score in the high 600s (hope to pass 700 on eq here soon) and am a full member at USAA and have a pre-approved offer for a MC, but just want to time it right. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

EDIT: Also, when you say you applied for the Amex with the same hard pull, how do you know? Did the website tell you it would not result in an additional hard pull? Did it invite you to apply for the Amex?

Message Edited by Grape on 08-15-2009 10:54 PM
Message 17 of 20
tmoney
Regular Contributor

Grape no problem,

highest credit limit at time was kays 4800 (x2) far as highest visa Alliant 2500 ,apllied back in May 09

AAoA @ 4 years. I thinking it was only 1 iNQ because I applied for both right after one another and so far 

only 1 SW alert and 1 new INQ appearing on CR.  Hope this helps

Message 18 of 20
tmoney
Regular Contributor

PS  Grape

overall util 10%    individual util 1 kay card 25%   all others < 5%

Message 19 of 20
Grape
Regular Contributor

Thanks tMoney, appreciate the response.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.