Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA AMEX comes in handy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA AMEX comes in handy

I have young family members (girls) who wanted to go to the Taylor Swift concert in Dallas March 2010.  Tickets go on sale 10/23. 

I called USAA AMEX consierge about tickets, but they said they couldn't do anything till the 23rd and to call them a few minutes before they went on sale and they would "see what they could do" for availability.

So I went back to TicketMaster and noticed they had AMEX "Presale" option.  The "preferred seating" option wasn't available to me (only to Gold or Platinum card holders), but I was able to use the standard "American Express Presale" and successfully purchased 6 tickets plus parking 2 days before general public availability.  I did this just today, but could have done so yesterday.

I got the "mid" level ticket (prices ranged $29, $49, $59) and I was able to get $49 tickets.  However, maybe if I had done the tickets early yesterday I might have gotten better tickets.

Anyway, I'll still get the hero's welcome for these tickets.  These young'ins really want to go to a live concert.  So having an AMEX came in pretty handy.

BTW:  I secured the "Presale Code" for TaylorSwift.com which also claimed to sell from 10/20 through 10/22, but no tickets at any price came up available today.  AMEX gave me 6.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: USAA AMEX comes in handy

Congrats! I hope they have fun.  I take it they like Taylor over Miley.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA AMEX comes in handy

They all seem to like Taylor, but after age 12/13 many of the girls seem to think Miley isn't as "cool" any more.  But the 6-11 year olds LOVE Miley.

ALSO FYI:  I opted for the "FastTicket" which allows you to download and print your own tickets.  The ticket code is "AMXBLU" so it appears the USAA Amex is on par with the BLUE Amex as far as this goes.

Message Edited by txjohn on 10-21-2009 07:01 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.