Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA CC

How likely would a High Limit CC be from USAA?

I currently have a mortgage refinance app from them I just got approved for.

My current CC situation is Cap One- $ 5k CL, balance $ 3,300, Wells Fargo Personal LOC- $ 5k CL, balance $ 1,750.

Orchard Bank CC- $ 700 CL, balance $ 0.

My scores are EQ- 786, TU- 773, EX- 735?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA CC

@Anonymous wrote:

My current CC situation is Cap One- $ 5k CL, balance $ 3,300, Wells Fargo Personal LOC- $ 5k CL, balance $ 1,750.

I'd say you have a strong chance. Your scores are higher than mine and I have a MC with $21K limit and an Amex with $20K limit.  

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your Amex with USAA? Are you required to pay in full every month?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is your Amex with USAA? Are you required to pay in full every month?

No....other than using the Amex network for charging the card really has nothing to do with Amex. It's entirely managed by USAA who does all the customer service and sets all of the rules. It's a credit card and not a charge card so it doesn't need to be paid in full every month. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably a very good chance, but don't think they rely only on scores.  USAA places great importance on length of membership and employment.
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

At one point, my USAA Amex was $32K. I shuffled things around to wind up with $27K on the MC and $10K on the AmEx. So you can definitely get high limits from them, if you define high limits as $25K and above.

As said above, they really reward membership longevity. I only started getting their CC's maybe 6 years ago, but I've been a member for nearly 30 years. That's why I recommend that anyone eligible to join USAA do so now, even if their credit is awful. Get renter's insurance or something. That will start your clock ticking. Once you're ready to apply for credit products from them, you'll have some extra years under your belt.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has been a member of USAA for many years, probably 15+.  We have been married for 5, which is when I became part of USAA through her on our auto policies. Will I get credit for her longevity or will I only get the 5 years since we have been married?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife has been a member of USAA for many years, probably 15+.  We have been married for 5, which is when I became part of USAA through her on our auto policies. Will I get credit for her longevity or will I only get the 5 years since we have been married?
I don't think anyone can answer that. It's an entire package they're looking at as a whole including length of membership, other products/services being used, FICO scores, etc, etc, etc.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.