Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CLI or apply for new card

tag
ck12
New Visitor

USAA CLI or apply for new card

Is it better to ask USAA for a CLI on the cards I have with them or apply for a new card with them? Have 3 cards total with USAA first and second card are lower limits and they are about a year old. My 3rd card with them I just got 3 weeks ago with much higher limit and much lower APR. Have been told the USAA does not like to lower APR on accounts so that is the reasoning behind applying for another card with them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: USAA CLI or apply for new card

@ck12 wrote:

Is it better to ask USAA for a CLI on the cards I have with them or apply for a new card with them? Have 3 cards total with USAA first and second card are lower limits and they are about a year old. My 3rd card with them I just got 3 weeks ago with much higher limit and much lower APR. Have been told the USAA does not like to lower APR on accounts so that is the reasoning behind applying for another card with them.

Welcome to the forum

I would go for the CLI's just my thought others will chime in

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
toppers555
Established Contributor

Well I was trying to keep a low profile from ERT but I appiled for another USAA card earlier this week and I just got a 10k line from them last month.  The APR on 10k line is regularly 25% , the card the gave me this week is 15% with a 3k limit. I don't get their logic. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 3 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

+1 myjourney I would go for cli gl! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

Well I was trying to keep a low profile from ERT but I appiled for another USAA card earlier this week and I just got a 10k line from them last month.  The APR on 10k line is regularly 25% , the card the gave me this week is 15% with a 3k limit. I don't get their logic. 

LOL 

ERT's now have you on the radarSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
ck12
New Visitor

I do not get it either. Last Nov. the approved me for the MC $6000 limit 18% apr. next was the AMEX $5000 limit 16% apr. NOW just 3 weeks ago $15000 limit and 11% apr. I asked about APR reduction on my other 2 cards and they said (((NO))

Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@ck12 wrote:

I do not get it either. Last Nov. the approved me for the MC $6000 limit 18% apr. next was the AMEX $5000 limit 16% apr. NOW just 3 weeks ago $15000 limit and 11% apr. I asked about APR reduction on my other 2 cards and they said (((NO))

What has your CR profile been at time of apps? Are you full or limited member?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.