Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Classic American Express Graduation

tag
Blake312
Established Member

USAA Classic American Express Graduation

Has anyone had this card and graduated? If so, what card did they give you when you graduated?

Amex PRG NPSL- Amex SPG $2k - Amex BCE $2.1k - Amex ED $2k - Chase Freedom $2k - Chase Slate $1.5k - Chase Disney Rewards $1.2k - Discover IT $200 - Bank of America Cash Rewards $3k - Barclaycard Arrival WMC $3k - Capital One QS1 $2000 - USSA Classic American Express $1k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Classic American Express Graduation

Graduated ? im lost lol 

Message 2 of 6
msbia
Established Contributor

Graduated? As in secured card graduation? If so, USAA secured cards do not graduate AFAIK. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

Graduated? As in secured card graduation? If so, USAA secured cards do not graduate AFAIK. 

They don't 

Message 4 of 6
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

+1 The secured AMEX doesn't graduate, but apparently the Classic version can get you an upgrade.

From USAA site: We'll periodically consider you for an automatic upgrade to a premium credit card based on improved credit and your account history.

So at some point it seems like they'll automatically consider you for one of their points rewards or cash rewards cards. 

Edit: typo

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a USAA classic MC for almost 3 years.  No upgrade, no changes since getting the card in June 2012 after having problems with previous cards that were settled or canceled.  Since then I"ve received a quicksilver upgrade on one of two Cap 1 cards, a 2013 AMEX green and last week a CSP (along with a 2012 freedom and 2013 amazon).  USAA offers me nothing but a 1K CL, a $35 AF and no rewards.  Thinking about canceling the card. I never use it.  I had a 60 day late payment on a HELOC in 2013.  No problems with any of my current cards. Utilization near zero.  All accounts are current, but no offers from USAA.  They said to apply for a new card or cancel my current one..  No upgrade offers.  Their cards don't look all that hot, anyway.  Happy with getting the CSP though it does have the AF after the first year.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.