cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Limitless full release September 17th!!!

tag
Bman70
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Limitless full release September 17th!!!

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Bman, lol, im not even going to go thereSmiley Wink

Lol but really I was thinking of the Limitless movie, with Bradley Cooper. Every time you take out the card it would be like when he pops the pill Smiley Happy

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 31 of 93
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Bman70 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

It's the real deal... details are here:  https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/bank_cc_limitless_cashback_visa_signature?akredirect=true

Nice, I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be by it.. this card could singlehandedly render my Quicksilvers obsolete! Except it's so new I wouldn't risk closing those and maybe seeing the Limitless nerfed in a year after some "big spenders" get hold of it. 😉 Someone is probably already plotting how to run $1 million monthly through the card. 😅

I agree that anything is possible, but I'm not really worried about this being nerfed, at least not anytime soon.

Keep in mind that USAA's membership isn't that vast compared to the customer base of the big banks (they are certainly no NFCU), and it's likely the folks who will be using the card will also use USAA for their primary banking anyway.  Their checking in particular is hard to beat.

Of course there will be outliers who will transfer in exactly $1k each month just to get the extra 1% (the Limitless is 1.5% without direct deposit) but they won't be in the majority, and USAA's slow rollout of the product indicates they have been thoughtful about the mechanics.  I suspect they know exactly what they are getting themselves into.  Smiley Wink

Even if it is nerfed at some point, it's still a great deal now.  Smiley Happy

Edited to change comparison to 'big banks'; NFCU is smaller than USAA as Gmood1 points out below.  Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 93
Gmood1
Super Contributor

USAA actually has over 4 million more members than NFCU and over 1600 times the assets. NFCU 82 million and USAA 137 billion in assets.
NFCU is a little baby compared to USAA. Lol

Message 33 of 93
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

USAA actually has over 4 million more members than NFCU and over 1600 times the assets. NFCU 82 million and USAA 137 billion in assets.

I stand corrected... the world's largest credit union still has smaller membership than USAA!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I stand corrected... the world's largest credit union still has smaller membership than USAA!  Smiley Very Happy

Sure never would have guessed? Seems they keep their size under a "bushel basket" Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 93
DrForce
Valued Member

@creditfan wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

FYI, partial members are also able to apply for the limitless card

How to become a partial member if you are not related to someone in the military and do not have military background? And what's the difference between partial vs full member? Did you mean to say that partial members "will" be able to apply for the limitless card? All I heard is that it's only available to full members at this time. Maybe I am wrong.

the window open for everyone to join as a partial/limited membership between 2009 - 2013, you can get more info with your google search or on here
the different between full and partial is partial will not quailify for any insurance product.
yes, I am a partial / limit membership and I was able to apply limitless card once it was available to my state

side note: I do have Amex plus card for 5% CB on gas from USAA

I am also a partial member, and none of the USAA credit cards show when I click to view their available cards. I also called in and the rep told me that I was not eligible. My state is one of the participating states. 

How did you app for this card? Online or over the phone? 

Message 36 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Actually that's incorrect.  I think when you looked at the chart for NFCU you missed that it was in thousands,. Their assets are $82 billion, not millions

Message 37 of 93
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yup.. too early! Lol
Message 38 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks UncleB! Giving them a call once I get my little monster to take a nap & get a moments peace
Message 39 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Actually that's incorrect.  I think when you looked at the chart for NFCU you missed that it was in thousands,. Their assets are $82 billion, not millions

In inquiring of the Federal Reserve Bank Reports for March 2016, USAA is showing as about $75 Billion with Navy Federal Credit Union showing around $81 Billion. Assuming accuracy of information ... the Navy Federal Credit Union would be the largest. Note, The Feds do report on banks in different ways so I only looked for Asset Size.

Message 40 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.