Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA MasterCard vs USAA Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA MasterCard vs USAA Visa

I have read a lot of people on here being approved for the USAA MasterCard but really no mention of the USAA Visa. Is the Visa card more difficult to get?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA MasterCard vs USAA Visa

I think the Visa is just much less desirable. As far as I know, it doesn't offer anything but a low APR.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drsmith wrote:

I think the Visa is just much less desirable. As far as I know, it doesn't offer anything but a low APR.

According to their site they are the same cards...only difference one is MC and the other VISA

Message 3 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read a lot of people on here being approved for the USAA MasterCard but really no mention of the USAA Visa. Is the Visa card more difficult to get?

Dunno - I went with the AMEX. 

Message 4 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

I would think the AMEX ones are more difficult to get while the MC or VISA are on the same level. I'm assuming that.

Message 5 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I would think the AMEX ones are more difficult to get while the MC or VISA are on the same level. I'm assuming that.

Look on the "My Offers" tab to see if you're pre-approved.

Message 6 of 7
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

USAA currently offers World MasterCards but (apparently) not (yet) Visa Signature cards.

World MasterCards and Visa Signature cards are No Pre-set Spending Limit (NPSL) cards.

Most credit card companies (CCC) are currently pushing NPSL cards.  The CCC makes more per transaction, consumers are tempted by the rewards, and the higher interest rates discourage carrying a balance.

So I'm guessing that USAA currently prefers that new applicants get a World MasterCard instead of a traditional Visa.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.