Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA...No Credit Check For Checking and Savings

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA...No Credit Check For Checking and Savings

@DI wrote:

They may be able to help you.  You should speak with a Rep about it.   They really are nice people there.    They have won my business for life by offering me stellar insurance coverage.  I now feel I've finally found a company  to insure my vehicles for life with. 

Really? I thought they were considered a conservative bank/lender, but maybe I'll give a shot. I'm guessing that probably means another EQ HP, though.

Message 11 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

They may be able to help you.  You should speak with a Rep about it.   They really are nice people there.    They have won my business for life by offering me stellar insurance coverage.  I now feel I've finally found a company  to insure my vehicles for life with. 

Really? I thought they were considered a conservative bank/lender, but maybe I'll give a shot. I'm guessing that probably means another EQ HP, though.

I read the reviews directly from USAA's website.  One member wrote they received their first card from them.   You should call or email first to inquire.  I'd hate to hear you lost an inquiry without an approval. 

Message 12 of 42
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Even if they're not ready to offer a card now, keep clicking on the My Offers button. You should see something pop up there in time.

Very useful feature for those not in a blazing hurry for an additional card.  Smiley Wink

PS --Their cards are great; I have the World MC and AmEx with lovely CL's, but they're not huge rewards cards. They do sometimes have nice stuff the first year, and then it's pretty much 1%. As with other CU/ CU-like cards, their "rewards" are excellent service and often-generous CL's.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

I  may go ahead an open a savings with USAA, but first I need to know how they handle 1099s.  Do they have 1099s ready by mid January and will I be able to access it online?   

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd just rather get a card that will actually grow some day and use that, since my Capital One and Orchard cards are obviously going to be a complete dead end.

For some reason, they asked me to fax in a copy of my ID before they'd give me any real answers, so who knows. My membership is set up and all already, so I guess they just retroactively decided they want a copy of my ID. So I faxed that in and get to call them back tomorrow to continue inquiring about the credit card.

Message 15 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

Does anyone know how long it take for USAA to allow one to confirm external accounts?  Yesterday, I added an external checking account to transfer funds.  USAA made two small deposits in my external checking account for verification.  When I went to USAA's website to confirm the deposits it says temporary deposits are unavailable.   I am wanting to complete the process to transfer funds from external checking to my new USAA's Savings account today. 

Message 16 of 42
john398
Senior Contributor

As soon as I confirmed the deposits the account was available for me, maybe you can call and a rep can put them in for you

Message 17 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@john398 wrote:

As soon as I confirmed the deposits the account was available for me, maybe you can call and a rep can put them in for you

The system isn't allowing me to confirm the deposits right now.  It says unavailable.   I called earlier and it wouldn't let the Rep do it either.  Maybe its still processing. 

Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took me an extra day. Deposits showed up Monday on my account, but it wouldn't let me confirm on USAA's end until Tuesday.

Message 19 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Took me an extra day. Deposits showed up Monday on my account, but it wouldn't let me confirm on USAA's end until Tuesday.

Thanks, Andy!

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.