Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA...No Credit Check For Checking and Savings

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA...No Credit Check For Checking and Savings

I thought there was something wrong too when I did it with the first account so I called their reps, and they told me to just wait.

But overall, I think USAA must have the best online banking I've encountered so far. Haven't tried their bill pay yet, so I guess that COULD be a bust.

As far as the CC app goes, I'm going to wait until Cap 1 posts my updated balances in July so I have low/zero util and then apply for a card from USAA.

Message 21 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought there was something wrong too when I did it with the first account so I called their reps, and they told me to just wait.

But overall, I think USAA must have the best online banking I've encountered so far. Haven't tried their bill pay yet, so I guess that COULD be a bust.

As far as the CC app goes, I'm going to wait until Cap 1 posts my updated balances in July so I have low/zero util and then apply for a card from USAA.

I like the website alot!  I have no complaints about it.  Each time I log into the website, the USAA AMEX card is there for me to apply.  The Rep asked me to apply for it today.  I told her I have enough cards.  She then said I can transfer balances to the card.  I told her I don't have any CC balances and I PIF.  She then said she understood.  They are really nice people.    

Message 22 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

I  was just able to verify and confirm my external account.   Thanks all!

Message 23 of 42
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I like the website alot!  I have no complaints about it.  Each time I log into the website, the USAA AMEX card is there for me to apply.  The Rep asked me to apply for it today.  I told her I have enough cards.  She then said I can transfer balances to the card.  I told her I don't have any CC balances and I PIF.  She then said she understood.  They are really nice people.    

I only have the USAA credit monitoring service, but I do like their online interface.  If I didn't have everything over at Alliant, I'd switch over to USAA (at least for checking).  Alliant is too good to me right now though and they have a more than adequate online site as well. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 24 of 42
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

I  was just able to verify and confirm my external account.   Thanks all!

Did you find out what the hold up was? 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 25 of 42
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

I use USAA as a pass-through for stock purchases only.  I considered transferring business but...I dunno.  Something about their site irks me.  It's clean, but yet still difficult to navigate around.  And their ATM machines are not smart enough to scan unconventional checks (i.e. HSBC) where the transit number and account number are swapped.  They don't do envelope deposits so I can't get around it.

I asked them to send me envelopes to mail deposits, never got them.

They denied me for a credit card.  Their only denial reason if I recall had to do with AAoA.

No matter what I do I cannot find a bank whose online portal is more functional than Citibank for reason.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 26 of 42
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

[...] I asked them to send me envelopes to mail deposits, never got them.

For whatever the reason(s), it's taken about a week and a half for those envelopes to arrive for each of the several times that I've ordered the envelopes.

Also, if you requested the envelopes orally, then maybe you didn't receive them because of an unintentional error on the part of the agent. Each time that I've requested the envelopes either via their website or via their telephone automated system, I've received them.

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure there was no holdup, they just delay it for an extra day to make sure the deposits went through. They did it with my NFCU account, did the same with my US Bank account.  Both times I can enter the deposits one business day after they initially show up (pending) on my checking accounts.

Unrelated (or related), I spoke to them on the phone about their credit card applications, and they said that they 'never' pull TU for a CC app. She said they pull EX or EQ, but but it's usually going to be Equifax - apparently Experian is only rarely pulled.

I'm not going to apply for credit from them just yet, but it's nice actually getting an answer from them instead of them trying to be vague about the credit pull.

Their online investment options look interesting, but since I'm completely clueless when it comes to investing, I'm not really looking to do that yet. But it's nice to have that as an option. If only I could get their insurance services too!

Message 28 of 42
freeflow18

Thanks to this post I am signing up for checking as we speak.

Has anyone tried the Automatic investing they offer? Seems nice, any hard pulls for this?

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@freeflow18 wrote:

Thanks to this post I am signing up for checking as we speak.

Has anyone tried the Automatic investing they offer? Seems nice, any hard pulls for this?

No credit pulls.

What I like is by automatic investing you don't have to start with the minimum share purchase for mutual funds. 

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.