Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Platinum Rewards Visa Offer

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

USAA Platinum Rewards Visa Offer

I am not a full member but received an invite to app for this card today.  I really want to pull the trigger in hopes that I get a huge CL, which is synonymous with USAA.  Have any other non full members applied for this card?  If so please explain your experience.  Any other input on the value of this card is appreciated.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Platinum Rewards Visa Offer

Did you get the invitation in your e-mail?  I got that very same one this morning in my e-mail. 

Since I am the secondary on our USAA account, I am always suspicious of those invitations.  Why aren't they sending them to my husband (the primary accountholder)?  I always wonder if those invitations are legitimate so I ignore them. 

Message 2 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Heh, I was actually logging into the forum tonight to pretty much ask the same question: I received an email solicitation from USAA; however, when I logged into the website there was, of course, nothing under My Offers (full member).

This apparently is another spam no different than Penfed's auto loans in my case.  I was sort of thinking about it, but I'll probably pass unless other members report actual acceptances around my scores (640ish) after the emailed offer.

        
Message 3 of 16
RHAL
Regular Contributor

I too received this email.... I logged in and saw it on the left side of the screen when looking Up credit cards. It says it on top "invitation to apply to..." i think it is a promotional marketing offer and not a pre approval. Kind of like when you sign up for offers from amex.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 4 of 16
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Good to know.  Let's keep this thread alive for others who got the offer and for those who actually applied.  Is there anyone else out there?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 5 of 16
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I have had one for about a year now.  I didn't respond to any promotional offer.  I just applied and was approved.  It is a great card.

I think the standard rewards is better than the cash rewards because with the regular rewards card you can save your points for as long as you want and then redeem for either cash -or- merchandise -or- gift cards.  The cash rewards just automatically redeems as a statement credit once every year.

I don't remember what my FICO was when I got the card, but probably pretty low as I had just started rebuilding with a USAA secured card.  I am a full member and have numerous accounts with USAA.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 16
haiti222
Contributor

I have found these offers from USAA in particular to be ones where you are likely, but not certain to be approved. Both times I got one, I got approved, even after numerous previous rejections (and neither was listed as an offer or a pre-approval). Another family member who was a second on the account (where they had used Equifax data to "preapprove" in that case) was turned down because of super-high utilization with multiple mortgages from rental property on their personal credit.

Message 7 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Oi vey, resucicating this thread!

I didn't really look closely at the offers page because it was under Featured Offers; however, I just checked the text off the USAA site -

• You're pre-approved.
  • There's no annual fee.
  • Get a low interest rate.

Accept offer *boggle*

Do the rest of the folks which got that email early this month have the same under My Offers / Featured Offers?

        
Message 8 of 16
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I'm happy someone brought this up. I too am a partial member and was thinking about apping for a USAA card because they offer really generous CL's. However, I'm concerned about the APR. I know they offer cards to full members with APR's as low as 5.9% but I think partial members APR's start as low 15.9% per the website. Can any half members confirm having APR's lower than 15.9% on your USAA CC accounts?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@revelate

I did get an email from them like that but as a partial member I dont get anything under my offers :-(
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.