Personal
Profile Credit
Summary Public
Records Credit
Inquiries Account
History Credit
Score

Account History
This section contains specific information on each account you've opened in the past. Positive information about yo

edited to remove member's name Smiley Happy
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-28-2008 08:58 AM

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 27
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA Raising Rates to 11.9

Found it...I had to click the dispute information button.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - USAA 'tiers' it's cards i.e. PRIME + whatever % for your credit tier.  When my statements cut on Dec 18th prime was 4%.  Will see what happens in January - but I PIF those cards (actually, most of mine unless it's a 0% period) - so if they want to raise it 2% - they still will have the best rate of any of my cards with perhaps the exception of Navy Fed at that point.

IMO actually 'revolving' should be done only for very brief periods of time (under 6 months) or because of an emergency (and even then only for a brief time).

Banks actually LIKE customers that PIF in this economic climate.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 7.9% (prime + 3.9%). My credit limit is low enough that I probably wont even notice a difference,Smiley Very Happy
Message 24 of 27
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - USAA 'tiers' it's cards i.e. PRIME + whatever % for your credit tier.  When my statements cut on Dec 18th prime was 4%.  Will see what happens in January - but I PIF those cards (actually, most of mine unless it's a 0% period) - so if they want to raise it 2% - they still will have the best rate of any of my cards with perhaps the exception of Navy Fed at that point.

I have great news for you. Someone shared this on another site:

Posted: Dec/26/2008 8:17 PM

We received a change of terms on purchases in the mail today on our World MC with USAA. Still Prime + 0%, but with an added minimum rate of 6%.

[...] Effective 2/09. Opt out available under original terms. If opt out, they will close account.

Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 12-28-2008 01:10 PM
Message 25 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, my 21 y.o. daughter just got her letter: 7.9 % changing to 9.9%. So she has a better rate than I! Smiley Very Happy Gotta love it.

And she does occasionally carry a balance. Maybe this will make her wake up and slow down on the Starbucks runs.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 27
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Well I finally got the letters today.  My APR is changing to 7.75% on both CCs which is 2% higher than my current rate.  I have carried a balance since Sept and plan on doing that until I pay them off in Jun 09.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.