Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Secured card CLI update

tag
WarthogWrangler
Contributor

USAA Secured card CLI update

I applied for my USAA Secured card back in August and was approved.  At the time they were offering the ability to pay more and increase your credit limit.  In October USAA sent out a mass email to secured card holders stating that the ability to pay more and increase your limit was being suspended.  I finally got fed up and called USAA today.  The gentleman I spoke to said that it was turned off for a system upgrade according to an internal email.  He said there is no time frame of when it will come back, but it will eventually come back.  So there is some hope for those of you with USAA secured cards.  He also stated there may be new feautres on the card once the new system is online such as the card unsecuring after a history of good payments.  That will be nice if that happens.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA Secured card CLI update

Thanks for the update! Seems like a few people around here are looking forward to what this update brings in the form of new features.

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this why I don't actually see a web page for the secured card product on USAA's site? Instead, it says something about the product coming soon. 

USAA.PNG

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They still dont allow credit limit increases. I'm waiting for them to being back this feature . This is the major reason I got this card so I can raise the limit any time I wanted! Ugh
Message 4 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They still dont allow credit limit increases. I'm waiting for them to being back this feature . This is the major reason I got this card so I can raise the limit any time I wanted! Ugh

Right now, USAA is not even offering a secured credit card. Perhaps when USAA gets around to rolling out their new secured card, credit limit increases will be an option.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow I didnt even know that. Do you know when they're supose to offer secure cards again? November I'll be coming around 2 years for this secured card I have with them. Might apply for another card with them eventually or close thus one not sure yet.
Message 6 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh wow I didnt even know that. Do you know when they're supose to offer secure cards again? November I'll be coming around 2 years for this secured card I have with them. Might apply for another card with them eventually or close thus one not sure yet.

I am not sure how long this has been the case. I know when I look at USAAs CC offerings this is what I see for secured. 

usaasecured.JPG

At this point, your guess is a good as mine.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.