Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Secured

tag
returnofthemack
New Contributor

USAA Secured

I have a feeling USAA is going to release some new information about their "New Secured Card Coming". I went to go view the credit card products and it says "New Secured Card Coming

If you need to build or rebuild your credit, we're working towards creating a credit card for you. In the meantime, please check out our other credit cards."

Hopefully this comes with graduation capabilities!! lol

Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: USAA Secured

@returnofthemack wrote:

I have a feeling USAA is going to release some new information about their "New Secured Card Coming". I went to go view the credit card products and it says "New Secured Card Coming

If you need to build or rebuild your credit, we're working towards creating a credit card for you. In the meantime, please check out our other credit cards."

Agreed; the lack of graduation is what keeps this from being a really good option, IMHO.

Hopefully they plan to change that.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: USAA Secured

@UncleB wrote:

@returnofthemack wrote:

Agreed; the lack of graduation is what keeps this from being a really good option, IMHO.

Hopefully they plan to change that.  Smiley Happy

@UncleB agreed! 

The no-graduation thing mixed with an AF is the main reason I didnt except their secured offer the first time. Had it graduated eventually, I might have re-thought my position on it.  So, I'll just keep applying for the card I want, hoping that I get approved for it eventually, or a counter offer for the Plat next time, instead of the secured, LOL.. 

Message 3 of 4
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

New USAA builder/rebuilder card in the works

I happened to be on the USAA site checking out their credit cards and noticed the following message under the Build Credit tab. Hopefully, the new secured card will actually graduate to something useful.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.26.33 PM.png

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.