Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Statements

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

USAA Statements

I have two USAA CC and I have had some strange statements with them I put $100,00 on the card and USAA saids I do not owe anything as in min payment so I pay it and USAA still charged me interest on my card. Has anyone else had this? I have had two CC with this a few years ago and never had this happen. What is more I have a promo that is 0% for 12 mts and they still billed interest. USAA said even if I pay my cards off I still will get interest charged.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA Statements

USAA has a "pay ahead" feature where any payment exceeding the minimum reduces your next minimum payment.  It's strange but I pay in full so I ignore it.

Here is the language in the agreement.  Apparently you can also opt out of this.

Pay-Ahead Program: The Minimum Payment as calculated above is your Regular Minimum Payment. If your Account is eligible for our Pay-Ahead Program and is in good standing, when you pay more than the Regular Minimum Payment, we may, at our option, permit you to skip some or all of your next two Regular Minimum Payments. When this occurs, we continue to calculate your Regular Minimum Payment, however the amount of the minimum payment due displayed on the first page of your bill, on usaa.com, and on our phone systems is reduced by the amount you may skip. The full Regular Minimum Payment amount is always shown in the Important Account Information section of your bill. Remember Finance Charges will continue to accrue in accordance with the Terms of this Agreement. You may opt out of the Pay-Ahead Program at any time by calling us at 1-800-531-USAA(8722).

Message 2 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

A USAA rep told me that USAA can't do that anymore because a new law.

Message 3 of 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

USAA has a "pay ahead" feature where any payment exceeding the minimum reduces your next minimum payment.  It's strange but I pay in full so I ignore it.

Here is the language in the agreement.  Apparently you can also opt out of this.

Pay-Ahead Program: The Minimum Payment as calculated above is your Regular Minimum Payment. If your Account is eligible for our Pay-Ahead Program and is in good standing, when you pay more than the Regular Minimum Payment, we may, at our option, permit you to skip some or all of your next two Regular Minimum Payments. When this occurs, we continue to calculate your Regular Minimum Payment, however the amount of the minimum payment due displayed on the first page of your bill, on usaa.com, and on our phone systems is reduced by the amount you may skip. The full Regular Minimum Payment amount is always shown in the Important Account Information section of your bill. Remember Finance Charges will continue to accrue in accordance with the Terms of this Agreement. You may opt out of the Pay-Ahead Program at any time by calling us at 1-800-531-USAA(8722).

THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH! I'm carrying a balance from an engagement ring, and I couldn't figure out why I had months with no payment due.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 4 of 8
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I have two USAA CC and I have had some strange statements with them I put $100,00 on the card and USAA saids I do not owe anything as in min payment so I pay it and USAA still charged me interest on my card. Has anyone else had this? I have had two CC with this a few years ago and never had this happen. What is more I have a promo that is 0% for 12 mts and they still billed interest. USAA said even if I pay my cards off I still will get interest charged.

The same exact situation happened to me when I first opened my account back in 2012. USAA claimed that my account did not have a 0% promo and refused to remove the interest charges. I had never experienced anything like that before. I did know to take screenshots of application offers, so I had no proof of my offer. I was livid.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 5 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

The same exact situation happened to me when I first opened my account back in 2012. USAA claimed that my account did not have a 0% promo and refused to remove the interest charges. I had never experienced anything like that before. I did know to take screenshots of application offers, so I had no proof of my offer. I was livid.

I have no use for any bank that saids their here to help and instead they hurt you in the long run.

Message 6 of 8
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I have no use for any bank that saids their here to help and instead they hurt you in the long run.

Exactly! I went on to get better cards with other issuers. I haven't used that card in years. I guess they don't close cards for inactivity. I may get around to closing it myself one day. Their loss.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 7 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Exactly! I went on to get better cards with other issuers. I haven't used that card in years. I guess they don't close cards for inactivity. I may get around to closing it myself one day. Their loss.

I just opened my account last year and I'm already not liking it. I don't want them to say guess what you are late. USAA said nothing can I opt out of for this feature.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.