Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA World MC, denied....

tag
DVH1980
Contributor

USAA World MC, denied....

I needed a MC to round out my wallet and after a disicssuion with myfico members last weeks I decided to go with USAA. Was shooting for my first 5k+ limit, was denied for the World but was offered the Platinum instead. I already took the hit and want to be done with apps for a while so I said what the hell and took it. After my Zynce and BCE approval last week Im good on cards until I go mortgage shopping in 2014. I did however get my local CU to bump my limit on their card from 3500 to 5000.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: USAA World MC, denied....

well at least you were able to secure some other really great cards. you were probably only denied for the World Mastercard because of lack of experience with 5K+ limits on other cards. what do your FICO's look like?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
DVH1980
Contributor

Eh, I figure in the next few months i'll be able to CLI to 5k and build from there. Ive also read you can move limits between USAA lines of credit so if I really wanted to I suppose I could go that route, but its not that big of a deal.

My score at the time of applying would have been just shy of 700 I believe. I knew the World would be a long shot but I figured sine I have 10 other USAA products and have been a member since 98 that I might be able to squeek by.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 3 of 5
gettnthere
Established Contributor

oh ok, yep i bet you missed it by just an inch lol but i bet you could get that limit up in no time and Convert it to the WM. Congrats on your approvals though!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I was in the same boat 3 years ago. Applied for the World, approved for the Platinum with 3k. CLI 6 months later to 11k, and soon after, on the website I got an icon inviting me to upgrade to World. CLI 6 months after that to 14k. They do HP for CLIs now.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.