Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA approval wow kidding me!

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA approval wow kidding me!

Jsu: if you knew you might wind up in trouble with a high limit, you probably wouldn't have an issue anyway Smiley Happy.

I don't understand the USAA approvals either, honestly looks like someone added an extra zero in underwriting.

I do like cdnew's plan if you can swing it with your kid. Whatever is being paid immediately out of pocket for tuition may be a good use for that trade line too assuming it will be paid within the grace period anyway.

Having a hard time thinking of another use for a student and such a tradeline. Out of curiosity, how much did he list as income?

        
Message 11 of 23
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

my son told me to ho;ld and keep his higher limit card that he is satisfied with a 2K he even ask me that his spending limit on his 2k card will be less that 20% i guess it helps when i keep reminding him the most important numbers in your life is your credit score.

Message 12 of 23
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:

my son told me to ho;ld and keep his higher limit card that he is satisfied with a 2K he even ask me that his spending limit on his 2k card will be less that 20% i guess it helps when i keep reminding him the most important numbers in your life is your credit score.

I disagree with you! You are TOTALLY wrong!

The most important numbers in his life will be his wife's birthday followed by the date of their anniversary and THEN his credit score!Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 13 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

@mr_postman wrote:

The most important numbers in his life will be his wife's birthday followed by the date of their anniversary and THEN his credit score!Smiley Tongue

Smiley Surprised

Smiley LOL

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 23
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Yes, I agree. Forgetting these dates can be much more worse, then a low credit score. Still both can make your life pretty miserable Smiley Very Happy And recovery from both can be a long way to go ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 15 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

@mr_postman wrote:

Smiley Surprised

Smiley LOL

+10000

Message 16 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Haha so true.

You will be.doing your kid a world of good if you hang onto those cards until he is more prepared for them. My mom did that with my.discover card. Now it is 5k cl; 13 yrs old. No lates ever.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 23
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

@mr_postman wrote:

wifes birthday then anniversary both will cause me to use credit cards shes tired of me giving her flowers from her own gardenSmiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

@mr_postman wrote:

wifes birthday then anniversary both will cause me to use credit cards shes tired of me giving her flowers from her own gardenSmiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 23
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:

ok after turning 18 this year i added my son to my walmart and target card as AU and he has a Bofa secure card for about 4 months now

current no lates oldest account 4.2 years walmart and target as AU AAOA 1.5 so today we decided to do app spree and this is the result

Citi Forward College student  for 2K

Discover More student 2.5K

USAA Cash Rewards Platinum Visa (offer tab) instant approval 15K wow 

USAA Cash Rewards Amex Express (offer tab) instant approval 5K

wow my son has higher limit than me Smiley Very Happy

Wow, I cannot believe USAA gave a student 20,000 in credit. Not to rain on the happy parade here, but this can be a recipe for disaster, especially  for a teenage boy just starting life as a young adult.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.