Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA chances?

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA chances?

@jdirilo wrote:
Well if you are eligible to be an nfcu member, again..I recommend trying them. They are great for rebuilders!

+1.   Either just wait it out with the cards that you already have, or, if you think you really need another card and it can't be secured, find a way to get into NFCU.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 41 of 89
p-
Valued Contributor

2FixMyCredit wrote: ...Read the first post....

Hey, not to jump in or anything, but have you ever considered a Secured card?  We all hate them but you might like one.

Message 42 of 89
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Most pointless thread I ever posted to.

This dude talks about people having no braincells but then asks what his chances are with USAA with a 580 fico? Then praises his choice of rebuilding credit - Fingerhut of all places. Great job there buddy, keep up the great work paying 120% markup on crap products and 20% APR. You got this all figured out! Woot woot.

We all bow to your great logic.

Message 43 of 89
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 44 of 89
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Most pointless thread I ever posted to.

This dude talks about people having no braincells but then asks what his chances are with USAA with a 580 fico? Then praises his choice of rebuilding credit - Fingerhut of all places. Great job there buddy, keep up the great work paying 120% markup on crap products and 20% APR. You got this all figured out! Woot woot.

We all bow to your great logic.

+1

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 45 of 89
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

Hey, not to jump in or anything, but have you ever considered a Secured card?  We all hate them but you might like one.

Lol!  Such wonderful laugh's you have given me that last couple of days.

Don't like what I have to say or the way I choose to improve MY credit?  Then buzz off.  Secured cards are crap in my opinion, plain and simple.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 46 of 89
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Moronic post of the year award goes to....

Fingerhut is reporting,  I didn't say I was using it.  Did I?

Also, I'm a she.  No a he, or a dude.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 47 of 89
p-
Valued Contributor

2FixMyCredit wrote: Lol!  Such wonderful laugh's you have given me that last couple of days.

Smiley Very Happy

Glad I could help! I kept my Wells Fargo secured card a sum total of 6 months, and that was about 5.99 months too long.  

Also, in case no one else mentioned it, you might consider adding a secured card.  Sometimes a secured high limit can be the gateway to higher limits on other cards.  Have you thought about that?  I mean, it's not like you're in with B of A or anything.

Message 48 of 89
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@p- wrote:

Lol!  Such wonderful laugh's you have given me that last couple of days.

Don't like what I have to say or the way I choose to improve MY credit?  Then buzz off.  Secured cards are crap in my opinion, plain and simple.

And, in my opinon, most sub-prime cards are also crap, more so than secured cards.  But those are the options to rebuild with a low credit score.  We do what we have to.  Most people would pick a method that doesn't charge excessive interest and fees, but the sub-primes can rebuild your credit just the same... only at greater cost.  If thats what you want, then go for it.  You probably have enough cards to build some history already, though.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 49 of 89
p-
Valued Contributor

... regarding your original question, I maintain that it's best to wait on USAA until you have an offer.  I jumped the gun myself, and got denied for the USAA Amex.  But a year later they preapproved me, and when I applied I got 3k.  Then 6 months later they raised it to 6k.  Everything I've read supports the pre-approval as gold for USAA.

And don't take it personal if a few of us mess with you.  That's just how the internet rolls.  Smiley LOL

Message 50 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.