cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA credit score for a credit card?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA credit score for a credit card?

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 

Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.

May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

Ron.

I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.

Have you tried Merrick Bank?  I heard they're pretty easy to get. For the USAA credit card, you have to try it to see if they approve it. You don't try. You never know. It's going to gain 1 more inquiry to know the result.   What is your credit utilization?  How may inquiries do you have within 6 months? USAA hates too many inquiries and high utilization. It is  not all above score. They also look at your annual income and how long is your credit history.

Ron.

Message 41 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Which one do you have with Cap1?  Secured/Unsecured?  I heard Credit One charged everything and the AF is very high. 

Captial one Both Secured/Unsecured Platinum mastercard and visa. Trying to get rid of Secured and credit one but Don't wat to do that untel I have cards to replace them.

May I ask why you want a USAA credit card? Not other Visa/MC from other banks or credit unions. Have your tried your local credit union? I'm sure they have some kind of cards for the average/not so good people.

Ron.

I was told that USAA us very good on giveing you a line when other don't. Yes, I have tryed that is why I wan't to get rid of Credit One too meny fees.

Have you tried Merrick Bank?  I heard they're pretty easy to get. For the USAA credit card, you have to try it to see if they approve it. You don't try. You never know. It's going to gain 1 more inquiry to know the result.   What is your credit utilization?  How may inquiries do you have within 6 months? USAA hates too many inquiries and high utilization. It is  not all above score. They also look at your annual income and how long is your credit history.

Ron.

Uti: 8%. Inq's: eq 10.Five years credit history. Merrick Bank only secured cards, if you have an offer then you can get one with out.

Message 42 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Uti: 8%. Inq's: eq 10.Five years credit history. Merrick Bank only secured cards, if you have an offer then you can get one with out.

Utilization is a kind of high  10 inquiries is too many within 6 months or a year.  I agreed with fusioncredit and you have to get rid of false to get some decent card.  I got denied for the USAA Platinum Card over the phone a few years ago.  If you are a full military member,  you might be able to get approved for their card.

Ron.

Message 43 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

One more thing:

Have you tried to pre-qualified for Orchard Bank Unsecured Visa Card?  No more hard pull. They soft pulled your EQ to see if you're qualified for their unsecured card. So you don't waste hard pull unless you apply for the card.

Ron.

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

They probably do but do you really want to waste an INQ now with possible denial ? or increase your chances of approval after removing the invalid CO you claim

That is what I was thinking, But I have to wait one more year on the co.

If the CO is truly not yours then you shouldn't have to wait a year to have it removed. File a police report on the CO due to identity theft and make at least 3 copies...send to each CRA to remove the CO. Once you get the updated report then go apply for the cards you are interested in. Before then you are just shooting yourself in the foot. 

Message 45 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

Fusioncredit,

He wanted to get some kind of unsecured credit to replace his over-priced Credit one rip-off card today.  I suggest him to try Orchard Classic Visa to see if he qualify thru pre-qualifer without any hard pull.

Ron.

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

Fusioncredit,

He wanted to get some kind of unsecured credit to replace his over-priced Credit one rip-off card today.  I suggest him to try Orchard Classic Visa to see if he qualify thru pre-qualifer without any hard pull.

Ron.

I don't blame him wanting to get rid of the Credit One but it would only take a few weeks at most to clear up the invalid CO and then he would be better off with applying for some good cards.

Message 47 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Fusioncredit,

Ron.

I don't blame him wanting to get rid of the Credit One but it would only take a few weeks at most to clear up the invalid CO and then he would be better off with applying for some good cards.

+1.

Ron.

Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Fusioncredit,

Ron.

+1.

Ron.

I'm glad you agree Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 50
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

They probably do but do you really want to waste an INQ now with possible denial ? or increase your chances of approval after removing the invalid CO you claim

That is what I was thinking, But I have to wait one more year on the co.

If the CO is truly not yours then you shouldn't have to wait a year to have it removed. File a police report on the CO due to identity theft and make at least 3 copies...send to each CRA to remove the CO. Once you get the updated report then go apply for the cards you are interested in. Before then you are just shooting yourself in the foot. 

I was never told that I could do that. Thanks!

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.