Did you mean: 

USAA second card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA second card

@FinStar wrote:

@r34dy2fly wrote:

I have 4 USAA cards with one being a low APR rate card. I think I waited a year in between each app. Had no issue. All over 15K CL.

@r34dy2fly, you mentioned all 4 of your cards as being over $15K.  My understanding, and based off the USAA lending department, all unsecured CC exposure caps at $50K, regardless of the number of CC products.  When did this change?  Unless your math is off.

I'm not so sure.

I have four cards with USAA and my total exposure today sits at $79k.  In March of 2018, I only had $62k until I received a $17k CLI on one card.  My wife has 3 cards and her combined limits are $62k.  In last March she only had $47k until she received a $15k CLI on one of her cards, too.  

My understanding is it is exceptionally difficult to actually speak with their credit card back office.  I did one time have a nice conversation with a contact in their EO, unrelated to credit cards, and she volunteered that the only hard limits they have are with individual cards not being able to exceed $35k.  

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA second card

Thank you all. I think I’ll wait. I don’t have a need for a second card with them. But if they were like nfcu and had much better second card I would’ve applied.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.