Did you mean: 

USAA usage for CLI?

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: USAA usage for CLI?

@navyox wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

They're conservative?  Giving people huge CL's in the first place with imperfect credit?  They gave me 7k, when I expected a denial.  They tripled my CU's CL.  I was floored.  

I've seen many, many posters on here that share their almost doubled CLI's and from what I've gathered they prefer very UT (keep under 9%), and more importantly they do not like to see balances on several cards.  Keep  UT low and let it report on one card and you may have some luck.  These are the profiles I've seen where they've doubled their intial CL.  I did notice they SP'ed me right at 6 mos.  I had done some BT's so I was no where near low UT so maybe next time around.  

Were you on active duty at the time?   I think they are a little less conservative when they know those DFAS deposits are going to keep rolling in for a while.

I'm a partial member, non-military.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My USAA Membership is over four years as a full member. They have been very loyal to me and vice versa. Love their checking and it's many features. Have a USAA World MasterCard EMV Chip & Pin along with an USAA American Express Card. Inquired about auto credit lines increases and they informed me that there are very few done today. Most increases are client requested and require a hard pull but the computer will recommend an increase if available and the client can accept or request a manual review (hard inquiry either way). They are conservative but awarded me large increases. Only inquired for a CLI on both cards once in four years and they treated me well. Know little about usage but mine has not been huge and I watch utilization.
Message 12 of 15
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I have had their cards now for about a year and a half, they were opened about a month apart..  I started with a $4K limit on both and after six months I called in for a CLI, you can request one every six months.  I went from $7K on my AMEX version, I called next month and went to $7K on my Platinum MC version.  For the one year mark I waited til both cards were eligible for CLI's and called asked if they can both be considered on the same pull.  The rep said yes they could do that so I had her pull and I went from $7K to $10K on my AMEX, she had to transfer me to the UW for the MC so the system wouldn't pull a second time and I was approved for a CLI to $11K.  I have a couple of weeks then I'll try again for my 18 month try.  I'm hoping for $15K  Smiley Wink  but even if they say no I'm happy with the what they have given me.  They are highest limits next to my Lowes and HD cards.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have done well. My heartburn is the hard inquiries so I have held off.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

However, they informed me they do virtually no automatic increases now and after four years I took the hard inquiry's. Not sorry as they doubled my CL's.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.