Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA - what's the scoop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA - what's the scoop?

Hey, what's the story with USAA?  Who do they pull for CRA? 
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA - what's the scoop?

Hello,

I am a very loyal member of USAA. They regiously pull Equifax, in fact, I was approved for an auto loan back n/Oct. w/CapitalOne.  I recently refinance w/USAA, and while on the phone the assistant said, "by the way, Mr. X, you are also approved for a 5k Credit Card.  They are a great company.

Hotpoint

Message 2 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=153462#M153462

They offered me a HELOC for up to $125K out of the clear blue, back when I had an EQ of 651, just because I'd been with them a long time. (I only bit for $50K.)

Great people. If you're eligible, get in with them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 17
JJF
Contributor

I save my credit reports as PDF files.  I discovered that USAA actually GW a 30 day late sometime last year

without me asking them to do anything. It shows on my annual CR pull in 2008 but does not show on my CR in 2009.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

experian. I would strongly advise against their auto insurance, I am dealing with their BS right now. I think they are past the whole " we have pride in serving military members", maybe its just the bitter me, sorry, long story,.

Message 5 of 17
Established Member

I am also a loyal USAA customer...35 years for my husband...15 for me.

I also refinianced an auto loan from capitolone. Got a 9.99% with payment automatically withdrawn.

I called 2 weeks later for another issue and got approval for 3500.00 but at 18%.

What givess with that? 

Message 6 of 17
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

my best guess would be the same answer that dvroberts81 gave -- Experian.

I say that for the following reasons:
- my monthly soft inquiries from the account reviews for my USAA platinum mastercard have always been on my Experian report
- when I got an auto insurance quote, the ChoicePoint soft inquiry was only on my Experian report
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 03-26-2009 11:05 PM
Message 7 of 17
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

experian. I would strongly advise against their auto insurance, I am dealing with their BS right now. I think they are past the whole " we have pride in serving military members", maybe its just the bitter me, sorry, long story,.

If/when you have the time, I would be very interested in hearing about this experience. When I had been searching for websites with customer reviews of USAA's auto insurance, I noticed complaints here and there that all seem to be about experiences just during the last few years.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had insurance with them since 1995 and my wife's family for 20 plus years.  I have never had any issues with them and their claims processing was always stupendous (haven't had claim in many years though). 
Message 9 of 17
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

They pull Equifax only I've never seen them pull anyone other reports and I have Insurance, Mortage, Credit Cards, Loans etc they are the best in my book I have them for 18 yrs I can only speak for myself the Auto Insurance has been the best around. USAA and NFCU I love them both. I do all my banking , Insurance, loans u name it with them and NFCU ...
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.