Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA???

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA???

I had USAA years ago and am now a member of NFCU. NFCU IMHO is far superior. Not only do they give better credit limits, but I have called multiple times at 2am and have spoken to very nice people who helped me with anything I asked for. 

I will soon be closing my checking/savings with chase and switching them over to NFCU. If they can treat me this well with knowing me for such a short period of time, they are worth being with exclusively. 

They have earned my loyalty

Message 11 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

Does anyone have any intel or insight into the quality of their products like cc's etc. Trying to see if its worth taking advantage of this connection available to me.... if not maybe i can bribe him into joining NFCU Smiley Happy

I'd agree that where they really shine is with insurance.  I've been very happy with their bank as well.  Their cards don't seem to get much love here and it's understandable considering the lackluster rewards.  However, they have always offered me better credit limits and better interest rates than any other card issuer. when I was rebuilding.

Message 12 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I see alot of posts about NFCU so I called up my brother who is in the armed forces to see if he was a member. He said nope but he was in USAA. Does anyone have any intel or insight into the quality of their products like cc's etc. Trying to see if its worth taking advantage of this connection available to me.... if not maybe i can bribe him into joining NFCU Smiley Happy

I've been a member of USAA for two months now and am loving it. Their online and mobile banking apps are amazing! You can link all you external banking and credit accounts into your homepage at USAA and manage your money from one screen. Transferring to and from other banks is free and fast.

I am a limited member so I am not able to get all of their products. But I have the one I want now (banking) and plan on getting two more (investments and credit) next year.

On a side note, one thing to keep in mind is that USAA is a bank, whereas NFCU is a credit union. There are inherent differences considering this.

Good luck!

Message 13 of 19
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I see alot of posts about NFCU so I called up my brother who is in the armed forces to see if he was a member. He said nope but he was in USAA. Does anyone have any intel or insight into the quality of their products like cc's etc. Trying to see if its worth taking advantage of this connection available to me.... if not maybe i can bribe him into joining NFCU Smiley Happy

USAA can be particular about baddies.  From an earlier post I know you have some recent 90 day lates reporting.  Not sure they would look favorably upon them.

They denied me when WF and NFCU were both giving me 5 digit CL's.  I tried to recon and they wouldn't even talk to me about it - and my report was pretty clean.  This was probably less than three years ago.

But I LOVE NFCU and that's from an Army guy!

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 14 of 19
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

those recent 90 days late are not accurate.... i have not paid anything late since 2005

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 15 of 19
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I love USAA!  But I would join NFCU if I could also.  I just recently requested a credit limit increase on my 11,000 mastercard with USAA and got increased to $20,000!  Best part was no hard pull.  I requested the increase via private email after logging into my account.  It's the 3rd time they have increased me without a hard pull.  There was a recent hard pull from them when applying for a loan, and I mentioned that in my email when requesting CLI.  So, I believe they used the same pull!  

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 16 of 19
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

those recent 90 days late are not accurate.... i have not paid anything late since 2005

Whether or not they are accurate is irrelevant.  If they are reporting, and from last month, I fear you will be denied.  You need to fix this before applying.  That is all I am saying.  USAA will assume it is correct if it is reporting on your CR.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 17 of 19
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

I love USAA!  But I would join NFCU if I could also.  I just recently requested a credit limit increase on my 11,000 mastercard with USAA and got increased to $20,000!  Best part was no hard pull.  I requested the increase via private email after logging into my account.  It's the 3rd time they have increased me without a hard pull.  There was a recent hard pull from them when applying for a loan, and I mentioned that in my email when requesting CLI.  So, I believe they used the same pull!  

Quick Q - Are you a full or limited member?

Message 18 of 19
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Full member.  EQ Fico is 698. 

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.