cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USALLIANCE Visa Signature (Groceries)

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: USALLIANCE Visa Signature (Groceries)

Having them for a while has led me to be dubious.

Very poor communications.

Ever changing web page info.

CSR's giving wrong info over last couple years.

I am going to just wait and see.

We will know soon enough, time is flying by this year.

Hope for the 2% but don't bet on it.

Message 21 of 45
craig10x
Regular Contributor

Would agree with you on that...but consider this...they have been renewing the 3% on everything every year even though it was suppose to expire...and now they are giving 6% groceries Unlimited for the rest of this year AND the entire next year...so isn't that pretty darn good?

Message 22 of 45
calisig
Regular Contributor

@craig10x wrote:

I chatted with a live agent and she checked for me...The 3% on eveything else will revert to 2% (Not 1% as some here thought) after end of December 2022...

That's interesting because the terms at the bottom of the card's web page used to read: "3 Points per dollar accrual rate is a promotional value and expires on 12/31/2022, at which time points will accrue at 2 points per dollar."

Now it reads: "Base points accrue at one (1) point per dollar. Bonus points are available on a promotional basis. Effective 04/01/2021, USALLIANCE Visa Signature Cards earn an additional two (2) bonus points per eligible transaction (for a total of three (3) points per transaction) until 12/31/2022."

It doesn't say anymore exactly what happens after Dec 31, so it's possible it will become a 6% groceries and 2% everything else card - which would be awesome for me and complete my setup - make a USAlliance card a workhorse for me - assuming they finally approve my membership application!

Thanks for the heads up!

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 23 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@craig10x wrote:

Would agree with you on that...but consider this...they have been renewing the 3% on everything every year even though it was suppose to expire...and now they are giving 6% groceries Unlimited for the rest of this year AND the entire next year...so isn't that pretty darn good?

Yes,  I would think 6% uncapped even for 15 months must be pushing the bounds of sustainability.  BCP was originally like that (with an AF) and then capped after a year or so.  Still, much bigger than AOD and they outlasted my expectations.

Maybe not every member is quite as reward driven as some of us!

Message 24 of 45
craig10x
Regular Contributor

I would have to agree that it does seem hard to believe that they could offer 6% cashback unlimited to Groceries...Citibank's Custom Cash which gets 5% on the category you spend most on (including groceries) is capped at $6,000 per year just like the Amex BCP but with no annual fee...and Citi is a heck a lot bigger then this credit union...

Makes me wonder if this is going to be more like just a one year bonus and that the card will not continue to offer this after 2023...Then again maybe they are thinking that it is worth it to them because this will bring a lot of new members to them who will likely also increase their deposits... Sort of like holding out a "carrot" so to speak... LOL

Message 25 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just to revive:  I had forgotten since the days of the uncapped BCP:  the uncapped 6% on groceries is particularly valuable as grocery stores sell gift cards to lots of different things (or you can find those that do).  So in my local supermarkets, you can get cards for Amazon, Lowes, Airbnb, various restaurant chains, gas stations, and lots of other things.  So, until Dec 2023 all of these (with minor inconvenience can get 6%, at least on stuff where you don't need credit card protections.   (And in early Dec 2023 I will stock up on some grocery cards as well!)

Message 26 of 45
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just to revive:  I had forgotten since the days of the uncapped BCP:  the uncapped 6% on groceries is particularly valuable as grocery stores sell gift cards to lots of different things (or you can find those that do).  So in my local supermarkets, you can get cards for Amazon, Lowes, Airbnb, various restaurant chains, gas stations, and lots of other things.  So, until Dec 2023 all of these (with minor inconvenience can get 6%, at least on stuff where you don't need credit card protections.   (And in early Dec 2023 I will stock up on some grocery cards as well!)

I'd be careful going the gift card route, some cards are sensitive to this. At the very least, I'd spread in some gift cards with other groceries.

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 4/21/2024):

Message 27 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCobra wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I'd be careful going the gift card route, some cards are sensitive to this. At the very least, I'd spread in some gift cards with other groceries.

Of course, recycling your credit limit on gift cards might get attention, just as it did in my old life!

Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@craig10x wrote:

However she did mention that if they change their mind and decide to keep the 3% then the members will be notifed before year's end... 

From her lips to God's ears they'll keep it! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@craig10x wrote:

However she did mention that if they change their mind and decide to keep the 3% then the members will be notifed before year's end... 

From her lips to God's ears they'll keep it! Smiley Happy

Probably too complex but you could imagine they give a choice (or have 2 cards and you can only get one) a flat 3% or an uncapped 6% on groceries.   In that case, if I could really believe it would last, would definitely take the 6%

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.