Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAlliance: News?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

USAlliance: News?

There was a feeling/guess/whatever that the "limited time" offer of 3% on USAlliance might expire at the end of the year.   My Nov 27 statement cut without any notice, has anyone heard anything?   If not, might last somewhat longer!

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: USAlliance: News?

@longtimelurker wrote:

There was a feeling/guess/whatever that the "limited time" offer of 3% on USAlliance might expire at the end of the year.   My Nov 27 statement cut without any notice, has anyone heard anything?   If not, might last somewhat longer!

Shush,  don't talk too loud they might hear you !   Smiley Wink

They are still showing it as a card you can get.

Been getting my cashback every month,.   Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 78
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker  is that on their Signature Visa?

I looked at their website, says 3 points per dollar spent, but it doesn't state for X amount of months or anything like that. 

Message 3 of 78
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Based on @longtimelurker's initial post, that was my initial hesitation for this particular card 🤔

Message 4 of 78
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@longtimelurker  is that on their Signature Visa?

I looked at their website, says 3 points per dollar spent, but it doesn't state for X amount of months or anything like that. 

Yes, if it was on the website, I probably wouldn't have asked.....!    Once we received the card, the information with the card stated that the 3% was a limited time offer, the first indication of that.   The CSRs also had no information as to what that meant,  and if and when it would expire, but somehow the end of the year became "a thing".  Now it could mean that, whenever the limited time offer expires, new accounts only get the 1%, and the rest are grandfathered, but we don't know.

Message 5 of 78
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Is US Alliance as hung up on student loans and such as much as you guys say AOD is?  How hard is it to get as far as inquiries and new accounts?

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 6 of 78
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

They're moderately sensitive to inquiries and new accounts.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 78
batsy71
Regular Contributor

Tropical Federal CU in FL, one of the only 3 cc's to give 3% on everything (besides USAlliance & AOD) is finally reverting the 3% to 1%. Although it is a Mastercard and not a Visa, it's probably not related, but felt like an unpleasant fore-warning.

Message 8 of 78
JamP
Valued Contributor

After 2020, it would not surprise me if all cards go to .75% now...

We all remember when the best cards only gave 1%...

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 9 of 78
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@JamP wrote:

After 2020, it would not surprise me if all cards go to .75% now...

We all remember when the best cards only gave 1%...

At first I was thinking, well Citi can't possibly payout less than 2% on something called a "double cash". And then I remember it's Citi and they'll just rename the card in order to payout less if thats what they felt like.

Message 10 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.