Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAlliance: News?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAlliance: News?

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

You all stay away from my beloved AOD Smiley Tongue..  I expect a nerf although they have certainly tightened up their approval criteria.  I wish they would just cap the 3% to a reasonable amount of say 1500-2k a month and would solve the possible abuse issue.  They slightly tightened up UW considerably.  I expect some of USAlliance/Flordia FCU trying to get into AOD some will be able to get in and some won't.  Stinks only one 3% card now currently exists.  Though in all honestly I would be ok if they did a nerf to 2% although wouldnt like it due to no FTF no min redemption and a great APR although never carry balances still nice to have..These CU's I think could make it work if they say they make you have say a 5k balance in savings or checking to be able to get 3% back get rid of some of unprofitable people and offset a loss leader type product.

See, aren't you glad you got AOD when you did? 😜😁. I missed the boat on the initial frenzy last year, which is alright.  I'm just glad @longtimelurker bumped up the discussion recently since I had considered USAlliance as a potential contender, but I'm glad I passed.  It's unfortunate, but not surprising given where things are today.  

Now, if AOD decides to nerf I'm sure the vast majority of MF peeps will head to the AOD castle with torches and pitchforks 😂

Message 71 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

You all stay away from my beloved AOD Smiley Tongue..  I expect a nerf although they have certainly tightened up their approval criteria.  I wish they would just cap the 3% to a reasonable amount of say 1500-2k a month and would solve the possible abuse issue.  They slightly tightened up UW considerably.  I expect some of USAlliance/Flordia FCU trying to get into AOD some will be able to get in and some won't.  Stinks only one 3% card now currently exists.  Though in all honestly I would be ok if they did a nerf to 2% although wouldnt like it due to no FTF no min redemption and a great APR although never carry balances still nice to have..These CU's I think could make it work if they say they make you have say a 5k balance in savings or checking to be able to get 3% back get rid of some of unprofitable people and offset a loss leader type product.

See, aren't you glad you got AOD when you did? 😜😁. I missed the boat on the initial frenzy last year, which is alright.  I'm just glad @longtimelurker bumped up the discussion recently since I had considered USAlliance as a potential contender, but I'm glad I passed.  It's unfortunate, but not surprising given where things are today.  

Now, if AOD decides to nerf I'm sure the vast majority of MF peeps will head to the AOD castle with torches and pitchforks 😂

Only if they nerf it to a useless 1% card. I wouldn't be mad if they kept everything the same and either capped it or made it a 2% card as CC suggests. It would still be the best general spend card in my wallet in either situation. 

Message 72 of 78
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Only if they nerf it to a useless 1% card. I wouldn't be mad if they kept everything the same and either capped it or made it a 2% card as CC suggests. It would still be the best general spend card in my wallet in either situation. 

True, I suppose, but given historical trends (and previous MF [nerf] threads), even if it nerfs to 2% (for which there's still a horn of plenty CCs around), it would still be considered blasphemy by AOD standards 😜.  That said, the jury is still out on AOD.  Hopefully it stays intact as 3%, but we'll just have to see.

Message 73 of 78
creditfan
Established Contributor

Message 74 of 78
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So although the message about the nerf on Feb 1 wasn't on my Dec 28th statement, it is on the Jan 28th, so LOTS of notice!

Message 75 of 78
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

What is the story with the US Alliance card? Thanks!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 76 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 3% was for a limited time then it expires.

Message 77 of 78
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@KJinNC wrote:

What is the story with the US Alliance card? Thanks!

@KJinNC- please reference the above discussion on this particular CC.

Message 78 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.