Did you mean: 

USB Cash+/Elan MAX Cash: Getting the itch

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: USB Cash+/Elan MAX Cash: Getting the itch

@Wavester64 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Given that USB is a little less sensitive to current status with the Max Cash, off the top of my head I'd probably think about doing something like targeting the Max Cash now and then the Cash+ in April when you're again squarely in 1/12 territory and 3+ months out from your last application.

@coldfusion I took your advice (as I usually do) and I..................................................GOT IT!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Approved for $21,500! Saweet! (14.49% apr)

Man, the non app drought was killing me! Smiley LOL

Thank YOU (and to all those in this thread offering advice, MUCH appreciated!)

@Wavester64, Congrats on your sweet approval🎅🎄☃️

Message 11 of 18
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 12 of 18
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Given that USB is a little less sensitive to current status with the Max Cash, off the top of my head I'd probably think about doing something like targeting the Max Cash now and then the Cash+ in April when you're again squarely in 1/12 territory and 3+ months out from your last application.

@coldfusion I took your advice (as I usually do) and I..................................................GOT IT!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Approved for $21,500! Saweet! (14.49% apr)

Man, the non app drought was killing me! Smiley LOL

Thank YOU (and to all those in this thread offering advice, MUCH appreciated!)

@Wavester64, Congrats on your sweet approval🎅🎄☃️

Thanks @M_Smart007 !

Potential Future Cards
Message 13 of 18
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Congrats.

Thanks @xenon3030 !

Potential Future Cards
Message 14 of 18
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Did you try a second Elan app? Some users got approved for the second card, using the same HP, in the same day. I have not applied for this card. So, I do not know.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 15 of 18
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Elan-quot-Max-Cash-quot-vs-US-Bank-Cash/td-p/6198795

Yeah, thanks @xenon3030 I am in that thread, 900+ posts, too much for me to go thru..........again. Smiley LOL

I am going to *guess* to get that 2nd CC, I would probably have to of applied within minutes of the first app? Which I am probably already passed that window - unless someone can give me the crib notes (is it still called that?)  on how to do this Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!

Re the double-dip, some people did the two apps within minutes, but I think the conventional wisdom was that two in the same day should probably work. Personally, I would be cautious about risking a second HP. You could hedge against that risk by freezing your reports before the second app today. Elan would either re-use the first HP, or try a second and get blocked. Might not work, but nothing to lose other than another hit to your AAoA. 

Message 16 of 18
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 

Congratulations on your achievement.

Message 17 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Wavester64  Congrats on your new card.

This thread is closed for additional messages, feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.