Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Cash+ -- how long 'til CLI ??

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

USB Cash+ -- how long 'til CLI ??

How long might one have to wait before applying successfully for a CLI on the US Bank Cash Plus card?

(820+ FICO 8's, 850+ BankCard 8's, clean history, low 6-figure salary, current CL $8.5K.)

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USB Cash+ -- how long 'til CLI ??

@expatCanuck How long have you had the Cash+ card?  Also, do you have the "Request a CLI" hyperlink in the blue left panel of your account? (For a while it was not present for everyone).

In my case, I got an auto-CLI after 8 months and just a week ago was approved for another CLI.  I would imagine that as long as you're willing to expend a TU hard pull you could get a CLI.

Message 2 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I got mine October 2017.  I was one of those weird $500 approvals and called in and reconned it to $15,000 the day I got my card.  In early June 2019, I got an email telling me I was eligible to ask for a CLI and got a CLI for $4500 with no HP.  In mid December 2019, I used the online button and got a letter stating that I was denied because there had been an increase in the past 6 months (while it had been 6 months and a few weeks, yes I'll concede that June is 6 months prior to December).  I asked again two weeks ago and got a $5000 CLI with no HP.  While I went 20 months between activation and my 1st CLI, I don't think you need to wait anywhere near that long, but I would say at least 6 months is a safe bet.

Message 3 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

At least six months, if you're hoping for a possibility of SP.
If you dont mind HP and your spend justifies it, ask today.
They wont play utilization padding this early, your card is what, two months old?
Message 4 of 13
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

When I open the form for a CLI it asks for my income, my assets, my house payment and whether I own my home.  Before I hit submit, it says:  "By submitting a credit limit increase request, you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit bureau report which may affect your score."

That sounds like it might be a hard pull to me, so I didn't submit.  Is that the wording you get for a soft pull?  I don't need an increase, but I'd take one for a soft pull.

Message 5 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah, the language doesn't change.  Some of us took the chance on one or two cards and ended up with no HP, for some it did end up with a HP even if delayed by a day or two.  No guarantees, but the wording is the same either way.

Message 6 of 13
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@expatCanuck How long have you had the Cash+ card?  Also, do you have the "Request a CLI" hyperlink in the blue left panel of your account? (For a while it was not present for everyone).

In my case, I got an auto-CLI after 8 months and just a week ago was approved for another CLI.  I would imagine that as long as you're willing to expend a TU hard pull you could get a CLI.

Thanks, @Anonymous.  The card is only 2 months old; yes, I have the CLI link.  Just want to get a sense of when to use it.  @Remedios and @K-in-Boston opine 6 months.  I'm fine with that.  No need to ask for more -- unless I decide to buy some serious furniture this quarter (which is a distinct possibility).

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 7 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Even if you don't go for serious furniture, I believe IKEA is covered in that category.

3F59DD86-5464-44B2-811E-1F74001962A6.jpeg

Message 8 of 13
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

❤️

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd sure love to know when I could expect one as well. I've had my Cash+ since 2014 and they've never given me a single auto-CLI in that entire time frame.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.